1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A little advice?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by High_Roller, Aug 10, 2002.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I fired off an email to the ebay store in question asking about the discrepancy. She responded saying that quite honestly she'd wouldn't have known that it should be cinture instead of cintura (guess she doesn't know italian heh). She also offered to provide proofs of purchase from her vendors (who she says are reputable and have been in business for 14 years) if I required it. I doubt I'll bother cause she said that if I thought they were fakes, she would give a complete refund anyway (and I have no reason not to take her word on that given the huge number of positives).

Printers aren't perfect either. I've met people that were here visiting Quebecor on business trips up from the states because some idiot missed an error or introduced one that wasn't there in the first place and it needed to be corrected ASAP and they wanted to oversee the rest of the job. So a typo isn't unheard of. As for the printing on the labels, it looks fine to me. In some places it doesn't look as sharp as it should be but that's just cause they've been photographed and there's some blurring due to the focus.

The typo really makes sets your mind thinking, but errors aren't unheard of in printing... It's totally possible that a number of them got printed with a typo before they realized there was one.. And lastly, do you really think that 2700 other bidders wouldn't have given a negative by now if they were peddling fakes as authentic? Certainly the typo, especially, makes you wonder about the authenticity... But think a minute about where else you've seen them: books, brochures, manuals, etc. Why not a box?

I think we're being a tad over-skeptical here because it's over the internet. IMO, it's one thing for people to buy fakes off a street corner in ny for 50 bucks or whatever they charge and not be pissed off that it's fake. There's no illusion that they're buying the real thing. However, if someone is paying hundreds of dollars for the real thing, I'm pretty sure that by now SOMEONE would have left some bad feedback and notified ebay of the scam.

Anyway like i've said a few times now, when it arrives I'll let everyone know.

2. High_Roller

High_Roller Senior member

Yeah, probably a typo? I think the seller uses the same picture for every belt he/she sells, since they are mostly the same Giorgio Armani belt, so maybe it was that one box with the error on it. When i first saw them, I never thought they were real, with the "Buy it now" price set at a mere $55, while on the same day, Gucci belts go for $100 and up. But I did find Armani belts at a discount shop for $50 canadian dollars, so I guess the price is justified.

3. High_Roller

Aright, I just went back to eBay, and found the same belt in a totally different auction by a totally different seller, with a totally different picture of the box and the belt. Low and behold, it says Cinture again. Here is a link - Belt

4. High_Roller

Oooh..I found more, all with "cinture".

5. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

"Cinture" is plural; it translates as "belts." So, there's no reason to be suspicious on that account.

6. Renwick

Renwick Senior member

Be careful. There are many places on ebay that do tag stealing and just sew in tags. You can't tell until you get the item- check the stitching.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

.. tag stealing? that's pretty low [​IMG]