Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A hole in a jacket sleeve. How to hide it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Dec 26, 2012.

1. acecow

acecow Senior member

So, I have a hole in the lower part of my jacket sleeve. It's a casual cotton/linen jacket that I really like. The hole is pretty small, but noticeable and probably cannot be fixed.

Are there any clever ideas how to hide it? I can't put a patch on it, because it's almost at the end of the sleeve... or should I? I wear this jacket very casually, so some quirks could theoretically be pulled off.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

2. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

Reweaving? I know they can reweave wool, but I'm unsure about linen/cotton. Regardless, it'd be costly (at least $100). You're probably better off hiding it with like-colored thread (it'd make a bump, yes, but it'd keep the problem from worsening).

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Pics pls....

4. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm not home for Christmas, so I don't have pictures of it right now. It's about 5 inches from the end of the sleeve, 2 inches from the buttons on the front of the sleeve, and the hole itself is about 1/4 of an inch diameter. It's torn, so there are loose threads. Imagine forcing a ballpoint pen through cotton, that's how the hole looks like. Thanks.