• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A great body never goes out of style.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I wouldn't know. I'm a never nude.

What jeans do you use for cutoffs? Is it okay if I buy a pair of Eternals and cut them? Do you cuff them to show the selvage?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
It takes more dedication and time to eat cleanly on a low budget, but it's still possible. Far more difficult is managing a proper training schedule on the inevitable inflexibility that comes with working a low wage job (and all the problems that come with that).

This comment is fairly short-sighted. What if your job is so "high-wage" (the counter to your "low wage") that you cannot maintain a proper training schedule? Working as an investment banker, lawyer, etc (70-90 hours a week with extreme pressure to remain at work for as long as possible) is less ideal than a low wage job with a fixed amount of hours (ie 40-50 hrs a week).

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
What jeans do you use for cutoffs? Is it okay if I buy a pair of Eternals and cut them? Do you cuff them to show the selvage?

A fine wool is so much more luxurious against the skin. I have a pair of cut off Incotex that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside... and the outside.

The shrinkage of wool during a shower is a detrimental side effect... or a beneficial one, depending on your mood.

atroopan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Like this dude?

Man this site rules.

OMG ! - I am busting a gut laughing at this video on the hotchickswithdouchebags homepage with the Tamil actor, Prabu Deva singing. If you want a laugh go here while it is still there.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

troop

Max

Reaction score
Yes, a muscular body looks good; but vanity is the biggest turn-off.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i think the perfect body for the kind of style that styleforum favors is no bigger than say a competitive swimmer like michael phelps -

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
i think the perfect body for the kind of style that styleforum favors is no bigger than say a competitive swimmer like michael phelps -

Hells yeah! He looks almost as good as me.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
This comment is fairly short-sighted. What if your job is so "high-wage" (the counter to your "low wage") that you cannot maintain a proper training schedule? Working as an investment banker, lawyer, etc (70-90 hours a week with extreme pressure to remain at work for as long as possible) is less ideal than a low wage job with a fixed amount of hours (ie 40-50 hrs a week).
It doesn't take much time at all to fit in a decent home workout, and if you're making that much money, there are any number of services that will cook you pre-made clean meals.

If you can't spare a half hour a few times a week, if you literally get up, shower, go to work, come home, then sleep, or if you're "too tired," then you've made your decision and you learn to live with the consequences of your priorities. You'll be able to afford nice suits, prestige hookers, and the finest health care, so it can't be all that bad, even if you end up stressed out and orca fat.

To me, working 80 hours a week for a high-paying job seems an awful lot like having two ****** full-time jobs, but people do it, so "different strokes" and all that.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King

What about not whining about your job situation regardless, and just working with what you have? At times in my career I've had to work very hard, and under a great deal of stress. At times like that I make an extra effort to allow some time for exercise, and to eat well. And even when I've worked long hours, I often had much more flexibility to structure my time than someone who is on a set schedule but fewer overall hours. If my job pressures were such that I couldn't take care of myself for extended periods of time, I'd change jobs.
It's not a question of "more ideal" or "less ideal". It's just a question of dealing with whatever your situation is.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sony vaio
Personally, I think physique should come before the wardrobe. After all, that's what you put your clothes on top of. Discuss
biggrin.gif

I agree. A guy with the body of a professional tennis player or Olympic swimmer or Daniel Craig or male fashion model in GQ/Vanity Fair/etc. would look good in any clothes -- suit, jeans, t-shirt, swimming trunks, workout clothes, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads