1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

a good price/quality ratio in vodkas

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Aficionado, Sep 2, 2006.

1. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I hate to be pedantic, but vodka is supposed to have neither color, taste, nor odor. Therefore all should be equal. And since vodka is meant to be mixed, not neat, it shouldn't matter what vodka you drink. I have sworn off my "premium" vodka habits and haven't noticed one bit of difference except in the wallet.

edit: to each their own, if you want to drink it straight, go for it.

Just my two cents' worth.

bob

Vodka enjoyed in many countries as a shot drink.

As far as mixed drinks I would not want my drink to contain any Seagrams type of foul spirits.

2. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I like usually drink Finlandia, Stoli Red, Russki Standard, Moskovskaya or Viru Valge.

Tell me some of your experiences about good, "cheap vodkas" . [​IMG]

Your choice of Vodkas is impeccable.

One has to have a lot of SISU to get to SAMPO.[​IMG]

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Any Texan that drinks any other vodka gets his Texas citizenship revoked.

Another thumbs up for Tito's. A co-worker turned me on to it. He's a big status hound, and copped to buying it on a whim, being from Texas and all. He was surprised at the quality and became a fan. I wish the story had a happier ending but status (Grey Goose) won out over taste. More for me.

4. Aficionado

Aficionado Well-Known Member

Your choice of Vodkas is impeccable.

One has to have a lot of SISU to get to SAMPO.[​IMG]

Yeah Sampo could be nice [​IMG]

And btw. thx to all for your recommendations. [​IMG]

5. Aficionado

Aficionado Well-Known Member

Iam now drinking Xellent Swiss Vodka, and WOW thats good stuff. I think thats the best vodka I´ve ever tasted. (not so cheap vodka)

[​IMG]

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

7. Carey

Carey Senior member

It is the cleanest to my palate.

My father, who is always looking for good cheap booze, swears by Gilbey's, or Bowman's.

I have read that the rise in the popularity of vodka came after prohibition, since vodka is a very just a very young whiskey (as the athor put it). It was designed as a spirit to be drunk immediately after disitilling; therefroe put to market very quickly.

As to its use only in a mixed drink -- bah! That is when you use the cheaper stuff like Absolut or Smirnoff. When vodka must stand on its own - as in an extra dry martini - then it must be very clean on the palate.

I recently bought some Tito's Handmade Vodka (pot distilled six times and $18.00 for 750mL). It is some harsh hooch.