• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A Gloves question

CWV

Reaction score
Hello my fellow SF people. I have a gloves question. In a nutshell it is if the color of these should always match the color of other leathers you wear, Especially shoes, or if you can get away ignoring the matching.

I am about to buy a pair of leather gloves, I’d usually aim for a brown pair because I like brown leather over black (I find it warmer, it ages with character, is less agresiva,my shoes are almost all brown) but ithappens to be the case that the brand I’m looking at (archinakd London due to sales and me having some credit there) has a chocolate brown which in real life pictures looks quite too clear a hue. That has me considerimg the black gloves which could be moreversatile because they convine with everything being more neutral.p a color. Nevertheless the question arrases: woukd black gloves clash too much with brown shoes?
This is the link to the product. https://www.archibaldlondon.com/collection/product/the-acquit-cashmere-lined-mens-leather-gloves?color=black&gloves-size=golves-9

I attach the real life pictures I’ve been send (with flash)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gloves don't have to strictly match your shoes, but with brown shoes, I would not wear black gloves. I think you'd be better off with brown gloves.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really wear black shoes so it’s browns for me. I don’t worry about marching it perfectly.

A decent pair of leather gloves won’t set you back that much. Just get a black pair to have on hand, no pun intended, so you can have that option.

What’s more jarring is wearing ski gloves or work gloves with an otherwise business formal outfit.

CWV

Reaction score
I also think that black gloves with brown shoes do not work.
What do you think about the brown hue?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get yourself some burgundy calfskin gloves. They work well with black brown and navy.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy