• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A girl across at the coffee bar

wilson brother

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Yesterday a girl across at the coffee bar was sending me a message with her smile
..so I walked up and introduced myself as the Guy. She was rather surprised
and asked for my family name but I said that isnt important because i'm just the Guy.

I must say she was rather impressed by the impression I left and offered to take me for some noodles for lunch
I declined saying that I have a girl.. -after I started to think that the only way I can really have a fresh start as the Guy is when I meet new people..
and I can predict that my girl isnt going to like that idea..she doesnt even like when I meet old people

-Danny Wislon

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Hey guys-

Yesterday a girl across at the coffee bar was sending me a message with her smile
and asked for my family name but I said that isnt important because i'm just the Guy.

I must say she was rather impressed by the impression I left and offered to take me for some noodles for lunch
I declined saying that I have a girl.. -after I started to think that the only way I can really have a fresh start as the Guy is when I meet new people..
and I can predict that my girl isnt going to like that idea..she doesnt even like when I meet old people

-Danny Wislon

The Guy,

If I may play the Devil's advocate - perhaps the issues with your girl not understanding your dreams, and the issues with her father, and the fact you walked up to this girl is telling you something?

What would the Dude do? Would he stay involved in something he wasn't happy with?

I assume you are young. How can you live your life like that?

Best,

The VMan

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
This thread = being hit in the nutsack with a large wheel of cheese...

wilson brother

Reaction score
Vman-

I understand your concern about my relationship..but I cant change the attention the Guy gets from people other than my girl
..its my philosophy to be warm and friendly to all that I meet while remaining sincere to the true Guy inside

Tokyo.. you must be hungry talking about nuts and cheese -didnt you have your dinner yet?

-Danny Wilson

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
A large wheel of cheese being swung by a female college softball pitcher.

Totally.

This Thread = sliding down a slide covered with razor blades and barbed wire, and then dropping into a pool full of lemon juice and hungry sharks that have been genetically altered to be able to swim only in lemon juice.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Hey guys-

-Danny Wislon

I think you should be forced to change your name from "the guy" to "that guy".

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the ghost of beergardens past?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the Tub Girl (TM) of threads... you know it's horrendous but you can't help looking.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh god. there must be some corollary to Gordon's Law about Tub Girl.

i too was going to make a beergarden comment. but decided not to.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
offered to take me for some noodles

God, I hope this is a euphemism.

BTW: while googling the correct spelling of euphamism (sp.) I found this very cool Euphamism Generator! http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Edit: To remove an apology for thread hijacking because I realized that Tokyo Slim had already hijacked it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
now i miss arnold horshack

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
God, I hope this is a euphemism.

BTW: while googling the correct spelling of euphamism (sp.) I found this very cool Euphamism Generator! http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Edit: To remove an apology for thread hijacking because I realized that Tokyo Slim had already hijacked it.

"toggling the crankshaft"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%