• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Game Of Thrones trailer

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Before the season premier of True Blood, a short teaser trailer for A Game of Thrones was shown. Only new show I am really looking forward to.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty meaningless trailer but I am pumped for the show.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The trailer is more for those who have read the book, and are following the production of the series. I hope lots of people are pumped as well

WSW

Reaction score
When is the next book in the series coming out? It's becoming WOTesque how long it's taking between new books.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Should be late this year, early next....?

Or maybe they said that last year.

zeeth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
Should be late this year, early next....?

Or maybe they said that last year.

and the year before =\\

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Ugh, don't tease me with that trailer. I'm so livid with GRRM that I swore I'd have nothing to do with the series anymore.

It just really angers me that such a great story will probably never finish. The guy is in his early 60's, a lazy fat *************, and if he takes more than five years at a time to release each book CONSIDERING THERE ARE THREE LEFT, this **** will NEVER happen. The guy needs to put the damn fork down and get back to his fans, not his appetite.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, the last one came out in 2005. Are you serious George?
confused.gif

ctbrew

Reaction score
I'm rereading the series for the second time. Best fantasy series of this generation by far IMO, I'm hardly going to fault the guy for trying to get it right.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse my necro, but I started reading Game of Thrones on my Kindle and I'm about 25% through the first book. It's really good. Char development for everyone, and at any one time so far, there are so many loose ends to tie up that you have to keep reading. I can see how this story would be an easy sell to make into a series.

Looking forward to finishing what there is of the book, and this show.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
don't start reading the books until he releases the entire series

let me put it this way: the last one came out when i was in high school. I'm 23 now.

**** you george rr martin

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctbrew
I'm rereading the series for the second time. Best fantasy series of this generation by far IMO, I'm hardly going to fault the guy for trying to get it right.

It has the potential to be the best fantasy series of our generation, but it's not even close to be done yet so it doesn't deserve that title.

fir3fox

Reaction score
I'm excited about it also.

I'm questioning some of the casting choices but HBO puts out quality stuff so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads