• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A fit and tailoring question

Ahaz

Reaction score
I have a pair of Eternal 811s. I love the fit, except for one small thing. Picture a piece of paper sitting in front of you, laying flat on your desk. Now picture yourself pushing both ends towards the middle, making the middle baloon up. Forming something like a normal distribution curve, or a tad narrower.

This is what the fabric on ****** is doing when I stand up straight. They fit me in the waist perfectly. Perfectly. The legs are good too, although they have some extra room in the upper thigh.

Is this just how they fit? Is there anyway I could have the upper thigh and hip outseam taken in, thus pulling the fabric across ****** tigher? If I can get someone to come over and photograpy ******, I'll do it.

God, the tailor I go to already looks at me weird when he has three people getting their suits altered, and I bring in a plastic grocery bag of tee shirts to be altered.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
when I tried ********** Bone rb11 they did exactly what you are describing and there was no way I could get it to flatten out. Ruined the fit of an otherwise very nice pair of jeans

Ahaz

Reaction score
I never noticed it, because they fit awesome otherwise, until a girl at work said she didn't like them. She pointed it out as the reason why, and I've been very much aware of it ever since.

I don't think I'd have a problem getting rid of them (as long as Superfuture gets back up), but I'd much rather keep them and have them fit me properly.

Reaction score
Ah, now I get it.

Forget chicks man. My wife was just complaining about the anti-fit seat of my canes. WTF! They are SUPPOSED to look like that, darling. Honey, did I ever tell you that these here 501 repros were lovingly handcrafted using shuttle-looms and an ancient hand-dying technique? Did you notice the handfelled seams? The fly-facing? The palaka print pocket bags?

They just don't understand.

She likes my Nudies. So do I, but they are just not as SPECIAL, naameen?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*crosses Eternal 811 off of the list*

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Ah, now I get it. Forget chicks man. My wife was just complaining about the anti-fit seat of my canes. WTF! They are SUPPOSED to look like that, darling. Honey, did I ever tell you that these here 501 repros were lovingly handcrafted using shuttle-looms and an ancient hand-dying technique? Did you notice the handfelled seams? The fly-facing? The palaka print pocket bags? They just don't understand. She likes my Nudies. So do I, but they are just not as SPECIAL, naameen?
Chicks do dig the Nudies, no doubt. I think it does have something to do with the very fitted ass region. That being said, I've come to like anti-fit stuff. Not as much as the tighter cuts, but I wear my Calis with pride. The Eternals don't fit me like they're supposed to be anti-fit though. Is the '66 501 supposed to be anti fit? I wasn't expecting ass hugging Swedish jeans, but these just seem off to me. They're so dark, though, it's hard to see what they're doing in the mirror. They look great on Minya. Oh, PG2G, everybody loves the 811. I might just be weird.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah... if I recall correctly, minya said the SD-103 and Eternal 811 weren't anti-fit in the Japanese denim thread.

Is there another jean that you can compare the fit too, excluding the seat maybe?

minya

Reaction score
The 811 isn't anti-fit at all on me. It does have a high rise, though. I guess I have a big butt.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Hmmm, it terms of fit, maybe something like a New Standard (with a slightly wider hem) below the knee, and a blend between a california and a NS above the knee.

However, the jean isn't really anything like either of those two jeans. The denim itself is ******* out of this world. Very hairy, kinda wrinkly, and it bleeds like crazy. The rise is a tad higher than the NS.

minya

Reaction score
The denim on the 811 is truly amazing. Although the D'artisans have nice denim, I much prefer the texture and look and color of the Eternals. I can't get over how neat the vertical lines look.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*sold*

heh

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
haaaaang on, you mean the ass is big? i have no ass to speak of. will i get swallowed by a pair of 811s? i'm just preparing to scream here because i want to get one for myself.

also, bleeds like crazy meaning very hazardous pair of pants? practical concerns might dictate that i not buy a pair like that. darn.

ejquin

Reaction score
One possiblity, that I noticed in the RB1's is that on the RB1's with a longer rise, and the fact that the denim is relatively stiff, it just doesn't contour your body well. But as you wash it and break them in the denim will soften a bit and they will lay better i.e. not be rigid and projecting outwards. For instance my rogan originals have a relatively longer rise, but lay better than a new pair of RB1's on ****** becuase the denim is much softer and so they contour my body better. Just an idea.

mogwai

Reaction score
My sugarcane 47's had the same puffy i just took a dump in pants look when i first got them. Now that they've been washed a few times and are broken in, the problem is gone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads