• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Harrydog

Reaction score

Harrydog, I dont understand your vacillation :)p). Just get the boot you want and run with it.

I don't think any of the options we have discussed are really suitable for running:crackup: but,

If the suede/cognac was in stock, I'd buy it. You put in the first order - for the suede/cognac as shown. Then the discussion has begun with numerous voices weighing in on possible changes. If I put in an order for the suede cognac, what then? Does that lock in the suede cognac? If it changes, how is that done? If one of the depositors doesn't like the change does he pull out? Does he compromise and go with the consensus , whatever that might be, and settle for a boot he might not have ordered in the first place?

I don't see myself as vaccillating. AFPS offers and shows a product, I express interest, and then the product starts looking like it might transform into something different.

Perhaps the order should have originated here and not been shown on the AFPS website.

Thus far I have heard..I'll get it if it is pebble and not suede, or if it is a different color, or if the stitching on the side is curved.

So, I will wait to see what people in their collective wisdom want and then perhaps join the order.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
I don't think any of the options we have discussed are really suitable for running:crackup: but,
If the suede/cognac was in stock, I'd buy it. You put in the first order - for the suede/cognac as shown. Then the discussion has begun with numerous voices weighing in on possible changes. If I put in an order for the suede cognac, what then? Does that lock in the suede cognac? If it changes, how is that done? If one of the depositors doesn't like the change does he pull out? Does he compromise and go with the consensus , whatever that might be, and settle for a boot he might not have ordered in the first place?
I don't see myself as vaccillating. AFPS offers and shows a product, I express interest, and then the product starts looking like it might transform into something different.
Perhaps the order should have originated here and not been shown on the AFPS website.
Thus far I have heard..I'll get it if it is pebble and not suede, or if it is a different color, or if the stitching on the side is curved.
So, I will wait to see what people in their collective wisdom want and then perhaps join the order.

HarryDog,

you may have your wish yet.

The original idea was for the suede and this remains on the table. The option of pin grain has been presented which makes me interested.

Nothing complicated, this means we have 3 people interested instead of merely 2. This is for an MTO and a fantastic opportunity to buy into an amazing product at an amazing price.

Of the 3 people one does not mind which option we choose, the second and third each prefer alternative options. As more people express an interest the order will eventually reach the required minimum participants who will simply pay their deposit and that order will close leaving us with the opportunity for a new MTO.

No pressure no obligation until the opportunity completes.

I have participated in other SF MTO programs and I have never been disappointed. I still own 2 pairs of the Alden SF done through the 2 MTO programs which were arranged through Tom Parks of LSH. I have bought an additional 2 pairs which are in frequent use.

I wonder whether we should not start a brand new thread just for this SF MTO opportunity and call a little more attention to it all.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
This has got to be one the better SF MTO opportunities I have seen.

Does anyone else remember the SF Alden boot MTO with Tom at LS?

Exciting stuff!!

Where else but on SF would you have the opportunity for a HAND GRADE cordovan boot, EXCLUSIVE GRADE construction quality at these prices?

And any of the options offered are an absolute eye popper!

Thanks AFPOS!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I weren't in the middle of my 'shoe 12 step program'.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
errr, G is trollin', i think..

hope

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
take 12 steps, buy a pair of shoes, take 12 steps, buy another pair of shoes, take 12.........................................:rimshot:

srsly - I'm really holding off at the moment...............................shot my wad and then some the past year.........

Last edited:

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Gdot, how do you manage to talk yourself out of an opportunity like this?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads