1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, May 18, 2012.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ fit pic coming up!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah noticed the grainy texture on the toe. probably from stretching

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

not as much as creasing as me. How do you like yours?

On another note my shoe trees are stamped on the bottom as 9.5E on the 724 last for J.K. so I just gotta throw in a thin insert

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Big thanks to Sarah and Julian for the expedited handling and super speedy delivery. Arrived in Cali within 2 days of payment. They also included a jar of cordovan saphir to match the boots and last but not least, reading material for more AS inspiration.

[​IMG]

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Feels a little loose. Might use an insole. The ones I posted are very comfortable and can become very thin if you remove the rubber layer and just leave the leather

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I will pick up a pair from them in the next couple days. I want to wear the boots around the house a bit and if I need it then order em.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

Thank you - both Sarah and myself really hope you enjoy your brand new Miller and Benson mtos. Looking forward to assisting you with the next creation!

11. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

My Benson feels like a G eventhough AFPoS says it is F.

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Do you have other shoes on the same last? I generally find the sizing within the lasts pretty consistent. I took a leap with the Miller's 724 since I've never had a shoe with that last and I'm fortunate it's working out.

13. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

I love my C&J Somervilles and didn't have a need for another balmoral boot, but you guys did a terrific job in designing these boots. Stunning. They really are a terrific blend of color, texture, and design. I really like the shortwing. Can't wait for the Blakes to be made up.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Thanks. I'm curious about sizing. The box nor the shoe specify the exact size (width isn't listed). And I asked for the left boot to be made in an F fitting and the right on an E width. I think they flipped it :(

The left foot is killing me and my right foot is a tad loose

:fu:

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I hope I'm wrong.

Also, anyone feel a protruding piece of leather at the knuckle of the big toe?

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Nope, sorry, none of that. Fit is generally good for a boot.

18. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

So unfortunately it seems like AS may have made a mistake on my width as well -- I asked for a slimmer E width and I just received my Bensons and they are significantly wider than a pair of AS monkstraps I have on the exact same last but in a F width. Very disappointing after such a long wait; I have emailed Sarah and will see what happens. At this point, I am not inclined to wait another 3 - 4 months for a new pair.

Also, the Bensons don't look anything like 2 other pairs of cognac shell I have from AS and Carmina. Much much darker. Not even in the range of normal shell variation from batch to batch. The color is not a significant issue, but the width is a big deal.

19. Itsuo

Itsuo Senior member

I think Keats in a burnished dark gray would be great. Perhaps a Benson/Ramsey in #8 Shell? I don't necessarily see myself wearing the millers but they're too good looking to pass up..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  20. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

That was my exact experience with my Bensons as well.

Much wider than any other AS in the same size and last, feels like a G fit to me. I have another monk, the Hadleigh and they fit like a true F.
    Color is much darker than cognac, it is very dark brown. You can tell they are not finished since the edges of the leather were fresh as cut.
    The finish was basic, I spent 2 days finishing them using Saphir Renovatot and wax.
    The trres that I ordered on mine is very loose at the heel. This easy, I could get adifferent set, but I am as well not inlined to wait 5-6 months for a new pair.
    I hope the Milton and Blake are finished better and done to a higher standard.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012