• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

LeJouvre

Reaction score
^ I don't think anything can replace the Shannon, atleast not for me*. However the Miller is going to be a nice bal boot addition. The Shannon is timeless. The balmoral boot Appreciation thread should be renamed The Shannon & co bal boot Appreciation thread.
*once I receive my 2 pairs of G&G Canterburys, I imagine that ill forget about the Shannon
I doubt it, these are two entirely different pieces of footwear. The Shannon is simply as incomparable as the Galway and neither is anything like a good Alden 9 eyelet.

Each has an entirely different feel, entirely different function and entirely different aura, by they are exactly the same in one respect, they are all unique.

The G&G Canterbury appears to be a class all of their own, and why not? They come from a unique winning stable.

I suspect you are going to want the Shannon, sooner or later you will want the Shannon, and I think you know it -
nod[1].gif

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I don't think anything can replace the Shannon, atleast not for me*. However the Miller is going to be a nice bal boot addition. The Shannon is timeless. The balmoral boot Appreciation thread should be renamed The Shannon & co bal boot Appreciation thread.
*once I receive my 2 pairs of G&G Canterburys, I imagine that ill forget about the Shannon

The AS Miller will be my 3rd and I plan for the Wigmore to be my 4th. Might take the time to enjoy my purchases before I pick up the Shannon.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt it, these are two entirely different pieces of footwear. The Shannon is simply as incomparable as the Galway and neither is anything like a good Alden 9 eyelet.

Each has an entirely different feel, entirely different function and entirely different aura, by they are exactly the same in one respect, they are all unique.

The G&G Canterbury appears to be a class all of their own, and why not? They come from a unique winning stable.

I suspect you are going to want the Shannon, sooner or later you will want the Shannon, and I think you know it  - 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

LJ, if (when) I do, we will be having a long discussion before I sit down and order them.

But back to AFPoS and AS, thank you again Julian & Sarah for these incredible offers!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay,

it seems as if all the slots are filled except mine.

As promised i said I would buy the last slot if it was not taken up by another SF member.

I have PM'd AFPOS and the process is underway

Strap yourselves in everyone, this bus is about to leave the station!

This was me last night for the Benson.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. sounds like both the Miller boot and the Benson single monk are go :slayer:

Folks, don't forget your lasted tree!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much are lasted trees? Is it a boot tree? Wonder if my G&G tg73 boot tree would fit or not

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a real boot tree, per se, as it is shaped like any other plain shoe tree. But they are same last as the last of the shoe/boot in question.

Price is one AFPOS website under Alfred Sargent Exclusive.

find out the last of your Miller boot and search for the last.

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How much are lasted trees? Is it a boot tree? Wonder if my G&G tg73 boot tree would fit or not

Order update: AS Miller boot 6 & AS Benson shoe 7

AS Exclusive lasted shoe trees are available for all AS shoes on our site for £80 and a lasted boot tree for £150 - these are both made to order in Beach wood by the last last maker in England and are stunning quality and will fit "like a glove" to keep your your new Cordovan's in perfect shape.

Over the weekend we will send out an email to all members involved to do a final check on size and width, if you would like your name hand written inside the oval cut out in the boots/shoes and if you would like tow taps added (£25 extra) and if you would like to order lasted shoes trees. Once we have all the confirmations back we will place the order early next week with AS.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your continued custom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads