• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

sdolina

Reaction score
Might you want the balmoral boot too? You would be the 6th if you join
biggrin.gif

Regarding the 99 last, the fit is definitely different compared to the Barrie. The Barrie is a fuller last whereas the AS 99 is a smart shoe last (I would say closer to the Aberdeen but not as long). Compared to the C&J, I would say the shape is similar to that of the 341. From my experience, it feel a bit more snug than the 341 though. Maybe others might chime in.
However, the bal boot in the 724 fits nicely like like the 337
shog[1].gif

Do we have 6 yet for the bal boot?
Thanks, I also asked for the assistance from the site.

As for Balmoral - I like this style, but my half critisized both Galway and Balmoral, so I will pass - have to be nice sometimes.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the previous assessment that, overall, the AS Exclusive quality is on par, if not slightly better, than the C&J handgrades.

Just wait for Julian/Sarah from AFPOS to return from the British holidays. They are super helpful to assist you dial in your best sizes in the AS lasts.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way,

I don't physically have any of the AS Exclusive shell cordvoan MTO shoes as comparison yet (the whiskey shell Ramsey double monk is coming though :slayer:), but if the quality/attention to detail/finish of their calf MTO is any indication, then the shell cordovan MTO offerings here will be a sweet deal and represent a real value.

For example, as I look at the Epaulet Brixton Cigar shell boot, I can't help but shake my head at the relative poor quality control by Alden....sloppy stitching, inconsistent clicking of leathers and various asymmetries between the right and left shoes.

And yet people (forumites) have no problem snatching up the 20 odds pairs available for purchase, all within the span of one hour...

ncdobson

Reaction score
Okay, you got me in, now need to find the right size.

Yes, obviously it was Barrie last in cordovan, this model

and I didn't knew they marked European collection in US sizes!!!! Would be suprise if I order it online from US in 1 size bigger.
That is what was written (on this model or loafer, don't remember): 9 1/2 C/E

I have AS Exclusive MTO monks in burgundy shell on the 87 last, so the comparison isn't perfect but may be suggestive. My Barrie size = 10D, & my AS87 = 9.5F. Sarah & Julian shoud be able to help more.

sdolina

Reaction score
Gents, my order is there! Means we have 4 people in line.
Please don't let us wait forever.
Photoshop experiment:

BTW, Sarah recommended UK9,5F based on my description.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, my order is there!  Means we have 4 people in line.
Please don't let us wait forever.
Photoshop experiment:

BTW, Sarah recommended UK9,5F based on my description.

looks awesome.

try posting this picture in the shoe p0rn thread to generate more interest..........:nodding:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks awesome.
try posting this picture in the shoe p0rn thread to generate more interest..........:nodding:

If only shell burnishes like that then I'd be all over it. Alas, the bal boot it is for now.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And yet people (forumites) have no problem snatching up the 20 odds pairs available for purchase, all within the span of one hour...

I think Alden has more of a "collection" appeal to it. I akin it more to people who collect casual wear like sneakers?

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your patience - back to work after a short UK Jubilee break.

Order count so far: AS Miller boot 5 AS Benson shoe 4

Still keen to place both of these orders with AS tomorrow 8th June 2012, so any members still wishing to join these mto's please advise asap.

Both of these orders will be definitely go ahead and thank you to all members who have already ordered!!!

Any questions, please let us know.

bibs

Reaction score
Just got my order in for the AS Benson, see you guys in a few months and thanks to everyone who made this possible :slayer:

sdolina

Reaction score
Thank you for your patience - back to work after a short UK Jubilee break.
Order count so far: AS Miller boot 5 AS Benson shoe 4
Still keen to place both of these orders with AS tomorrow 8th June 2012, so any members still wishing to join these mto's please advise asap.
Both of these orders will be definitely go ahead and thank you to all members who have already ordered!!!
Any questions, please let us know.

Great news, thanks!

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my order in for the AS Benson, see you guys in a few months and thanks to everyone who made this possible :slayer:

Thank you very much for your order bibs - order count now AS Miller 5 & AS Benson 5

Harrydog

Reaction score

By the way,
I don't physically have any of the AS Exclusive shell cordvoan MTO shoes as comparison yet (the whiskey shell Ramsey double monk is coming though :slayer:), but if the quality/attention to detail/finish of their calf MTO is any indication, then the shell cordovan MTO offerings here will be a sweet deal and represent a real value.
For example, as I look at the Epaulet Brixton Cigar shell boot, I can't help but shake my head at the relative poor quality control by Alden....sloppy stitching, inconsistent clicking of leathers and various asymmetries between the right and left shoes.

Excellent point. Come on, folks! One more for the Miller!

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your order bibs - order count now AS Miller 5 & AS Benson 5

Does that Miller count of 5 include me? If not then you already have your 6 because I promised to be person #6, not because I dearly need another pair of boots, but because I am happy to help get this order in for everyone else.

I will then put my slot up for sale for anyone in my size who feels they have missed out.

Just let me know, for crying out loud, because I am already receiving rude e-mails about this, and I am really just trying to help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads