1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. eljimberino

eljimberino Senior member

Hello Justin,

Any chance you could set up kickstarter type software for MTO lots? So a customer clicks on a non-stock model that AS require a minimum order amount to process, and lays down the money, then when the reserve is met AS start making them?

Customers can see how many more are required to fulfil the order.

This way you can theoretically have any of their models on your site.

What do you think?

2. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

@wurger , I know you have an extensive collection so I'd appreciate any advice. When breaking in your new pairs, did you feel some heel slippage? My foot won't come out of the shoe obviously, but I feel a bit of sliding in the heel area. I find AS makes a very good quality, rigid sole and I'm hoping that problem will go away once broken in.

@Afinepairofshoes I am ordering a pair in a 9, although I've never had to drop 2 full sizes in any shoe brand before.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  3. wurger

wurger Senior member

you will get a bit of heel slippage due to the new stiff leather soles. But other reasons are instep, and the heel cup area...

4. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

[​IMG]

We are running a joint promotion with Covys of Germany to give away a free pair of Ice Covys with every pair of Alfred Sargent shoes or boots purchased.

This is intended to get customer wearing these superb cover shoes and to protect your investment on your feet when the bad weather comes.

Please be aware this is in addition to all other offers running including AFPOS10 code for 10% off, free lasted shoe trees worth £80 and a free tin of Saphir polish to match your new shoes or boots - we can't say fairer than that!

2 people like this.
  5. laufer

laufer Senior member

Great promotion but I got my galoshes already. Are you planning on bringing any new AS models soon?

6. Afinepairofshoes

Thanks laufer, we are hoping there will be some new additions later this year.

7. Afinepairofshoes

I have been working on a pair of AS Callaghan for myself, and thought I would share my progress.

Before
    [​IMG]

And after..
    [​IMG]

I am really pleased with the outcome, using all our products from Saphir. Decapant to strip the leather first, then 04 Brown and the 37 Medium Brown Pommadier cream to nourish and seal.

2 people like this.
  8. razl

razl Senior member

^^^ Wow, that's nice.

I didn't realize that could be done with consumer "off the shelf" stuff. And, I didn't realize that Saphir made a stripping product.

Just to be clear, by "04 Brown" you mean the Saphir, Teinture Francaise Dye, right? Then the medium brown cream like normal.

Geez, if it's that easy - stripper, base dye, then some cream - I got a couple of pairs of shoes that are neglected because the color has fallen out of favor; I might take a stab at it...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. Afinepairofshoes

Thanks razl, much appreciated.

Actually most of the patina artists seem to use Saphir Teinture Francaise. The stripper is called Decapant

Correct, no 4 Brown Teinture Francaise (2 coats, let 1st dry for 1hr before 2nd). After the shoes have dried, apply cream to feed and seal properly. Polish as normal.

Worth noting, if you have a light lining leather, carefully mask this off with masking tape so you don't get dye on it. The end colour will depend on how dark the original leather you start with is. The more coats of 04, the darker the colour.

I tried one coat, but wanted a richer tone so applied a second. The key to a good dye is go steadily and be as accurate as possible, not to leave streaks, but get a consistent coverage. The dauber that comes with the Teinture Francaise is actually really good, as it can cover a good area in one dip in the pot.

Worth a go...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  10. Dieg0

Dieg0 Senior member

How does the last 48 of AS compare to crockett's lasts and those of carmina say.
    I know I can send my measurements to the people of AFPOS, but I would like to hear some comments of experiences of members too. Thank you in advance :)

11. Nullson

Nullson Well-Known Member

Quote:Is there an option to select different colors for the Covys or are they white only?

12. Afinepairofshoes

For the free of charge pair, only Ice white. The promotion is really to get customers to try them out, like a sample, and see the benefits of the product. AFPOS and Covys are covering the cost of the free pairs for you. The great thing about them is you instantly have a pair of waterproof shoes with you if the skies open and you have your best leather soles shoes on.

13. Afinepairofshoes

The 48 last is a beautifully balanced last with a good length to it, similar to 348 C&J. Of course, you are always more than welcome to email us your length and width in cm to info@afinepairofshoes.co.uk for further guidance on size.

14. Afinepairofshoes

15. Heh Ding Xin

Heh Ding Xin Member

Im 30mins too late...all the size uk7f shoes are gone. Will there be any restock with discounted prices?

16. Afinepairofshoes

That's it for now, unfortunately.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  17. razl

razl Senior member

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Yes, they beat me to it too. I was hoping to see some of the classics there (Armfield).

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I don't think these recent runs had 6E/6F :(

Good luck with the sale Julian and I hope it frees room for more stuff!

20. Afinepairofshoes

Thanks DpprDr