1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Just received a pair of Loakes from AFPOS. Shipped from the UK to Australia in a matter of days, free shoe trees and a free tin of Saphir polish. And they fit perfectly. Great service; thank you Julian and Sarah.

2. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

We are really delighted you are happy with our service California Dreamer.

We do try very hard to make the whole shoe buying process as easy as possible with the highest levels of quality, service and speed of delivery.

Regards

Julian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. Afinepairofshoes

Hi LOUIS XIV,

I think the 6.5E would be a good fit for you - as these are an E fitting (slim) rather than an F (standard) the extra 5mm internal length will also give you a bit more width.

They are beautifully made boots of great quality.

Regards

Julian

-----------------------------------------------------

5. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

6. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

awesome service by Julian! order placed on Sunday and received here on Tuesday. If you're looking for good deal on Alfred Sargent, don't look too far..

7. Afinepairofshoes

Hi LOUIS XIV,

I could measure the internal length for you on this boot to give you peace of mind?

Let me know

Julian

--------------------------------------

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

10. Afinepairofshoes

11. asdf

asdf Senior member

Hi Julian,
    I'm looking at the Loake Pimlico. I'm typically a 10.5 B or C in US sizing. What size do you recommend? I'm leaning towards 9.5, but i have read on here people going 1.5 sizes down from US size on the capital last, saying it is quite high volume. Further info, i have a relatively high instep. Could you provide some input?

Thanks,

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

^ I'm a US9D and had some Capital last shoes in UK8F. I found they fit very tts lengthwise, but ran a bit wide / high volume at the forefoot. If you're a US B or C width, I don't think the Capital last will work for you. A 1½ size US-UK conversion probably won't make up for this; you'll just end up with chukkas that are too short and wide.

13. asdf

asdf Senior member

14. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

Just ordered a pair of the Crocket & Jones Waltons. Definitely outside of my typical style but the shoes are gorgeous and the price seems great. I am a small US 8.5 so I am hoping they fit. Looking forward to getting them.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  15. Afinepairofshoes

Hi asdf,

Thank you for your message -the Loake Pimlico is a standard UK F fitting, equivalent to the US D fitting, therefore, as mentioned, you could try dropping 1.5 sizes to cut the width and the length, but this still might be a bit wider than you would normally wear.

You can always return the boots if you are unsatisfied with the fit, but the choice is yours.

Any help we can give, just ask.

Regards

Julian

-----------------------------

16. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

I wanted to give everyone an update that the Crockett and Jones Waltons arrived today and indeed are gorgeous. I have no doubt that I am going to get a lot of interest when I wear these. In a perfect world these might be a tad wider but I think they will be fine. Julian and A Fine Pair of Shoes got these here exceedingly fast and in great shape. I would highly recommend buying from them! Thanks Julian.

17. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

im a US 10.5 D. Is it possible to get church's consul in my size?

these shoes fit me really really well b/c i have a flat foot and i have looked for them everywhere. everyplace has them for full price and if i can avoid paying that i would really like to.

18. Shoe fetishisisisist

Shoe fetishisisisist Well-Known Member

Hi julian, do you offer any discount for SF members? Looking at ordering a couple of pairs of trees.

Chris.

19. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Great company, great shoes and even better customer service!! Is there a particular shoe tree that you recommend for the AS Moore? I cannot find a shoe that goes well with the last.

20. Afinepairofshoes

Hi Chris,

We are about to launch a special offer for SF members next week so keep an eye out for it.

Regards

Julian