1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Has anyone else had an issue getting a response from AFPoS? I've sent two emails about sizing help since I was considering the AS Country Cambridge Boots, but nothing going on almost a week. European Holiday?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

Hi tonio028,

We have sent two emails to you on the 12 and 13th of Dec, have you not received them? Maybe they have gone into your junk folder?

3. wurger

wurger Senior member

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I checked and did not receive any emails in my spam/junk folders either, but I did receive a PM and email from Sarah after the post and I have responded. Thank you for the follow up, much appreciated.

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

You cannot go wrong with a pair of Cambridge boots....love them to bits. Its a wide last so I would go a full size down at the minimum...not for very narrow feet.

I have given them a thrashing in the rain and they look good as new....the dainite sole is great too.

6. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Just when I thought I was out.........

Oh man, those are great..are they a variation on the Carroll? And is that a double sole

7. europrep

europrep Senior member

A while back, I took advantage of the offering for the AS Ramsey in Whiskey Cordovan subs. The pair in my size had a dark spot on the left toe box which AFPOS sent me pictures (see below) before I made my decision. In addition, they offered me a larger discount due to this pair of subs being worse off than the others. So, I decided to pull the trigger and send my shoes on a trip to Italy to visit Alexander Nurulaeff of Dandy Shoe Care. It has been a pleasure working with Alexander and he recently notified me that the shoes are ready and in the mail. A couple pictures of the final product below. Additional pics on his tumblr: http://dandyshoecare.tumblr.com/

My all in cost will still be at a discount from the full retail price. Thanks again to the fine folks at AFPOS. It is always a pleasure.

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Afinepairofshoes

[/quote][quote name="europrep" url="/t/233902/a-fine-pair-of-shoes-official-affiliate-thread/1425#post_6798619"]A while back, I took advantage of the offering for the AS Ramsey in Whiskey Cordovan subs. The pair in my size had a dark spot on the left toe box which AFPOS sent me pictures (see below) before I made my decision. In addition, they offered me a larger discount due to this pair of subs being worse off than the others. So, I decided to pull the trigger and send my shoes on a trip to Italy to visit Alexander Nurulaeff of Dandy Shoe Care. It has been a pleasure working with Alexander and he recently notified me that the shoes are ready and in the mail. A couple pictures of the final product below. Additional pics on his tumblr: http://dandyshoecare.tumblr.com/ My all in cost will still be at a discount from the full retail price. Thanks again to the fine folks at AFPOS. It is always a pleasure. Before: [​IMG] [​IMG] After: [​IMG] [​IMG] Wow, I was just thinking about your shoes and what a transformation!!!!!!!!! Incredible work from Alexander and really hope you enjoy them europrep!!

1 person likes this.
  9. europrep

europrep Senior member

I will enjoy!. I wasn't sure what to expect as I only told him to try and hide the spot and not alter the original color of the shoe too drastically.

10. Afinepairofshoes

That is one pair of special shoes now - unique!

11. Afinepairofshoes

Yes, Jamie is our whole cut loafer in Horween Hatchgrain. These are actually on the Handgrade 19 last and they look great for it.

We wanted something a little bit different, and these fit the bill very nicely.

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Wow, I need to send him a pair of chukkas I own. Had a local guy refinish them from a tan to a medium brown and haven't been happy with the results. He claimed it was an oil based process and would hold up, but the finish keep rubbing off in spots.

Those monks look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  13. azumi

azumi Senior member

Your shoes look incredible beautiful, Europrep.

14. in stitches

in stitches Senior member

^^ this. wow that is incredible. ^^

15. in stitches

S Cambridge boots out in the wild. The crazy wild of my front porch for starters.

[​IMG]

16. laufer

laufer Senior member

Wonderful. Can you offer some sizing guidelines on 87 last in respect to other AS last you own or any of your G&G lasts :embar:
    Thanks in advance.

17. in stitches

thanks, laufer!

im no AS expert, but i have these and the Coe's, both in 10.5UK, per the rec of the fine people at AFPoS. All my GGs are 11UK. These ASs in 10.5 are perfect for me.

hope that helps!

18. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Half size down from G&G is pretty accurate for me also. I wear 6F on the 87 (and all other AS lasts except the 99) and 6.5E in G&G (TG73 & DG70). The 87 has fuller fit compared to G&G though from my experience.

19. laufer

laufer Senior member

Thanks,

I on the other hand have to size a half size up on TG73 from DG70. I think I am going to pull a trigger on AS Cambridge (after my wallet recovers from recent muggings) I take same size in 109 and 724 so I will take the same size on 87.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Wifey Claus shops at AFPOS.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.