1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

They're interesting. May I ask: firstly, are they easy to put on and take off, and secondly, where are they actually made?

2. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

My pleasure - yes, you start by placing the toe in first , then pull over the heel and they are on. To get them off just do the reverse. They are designed in Germany and manufactured in China, and the quality is very good. Overall the package is great and would make a great present, as they come in their own carry case, inside a presentation box - they look very smart.

We stock 4 colours, but can order in any of the 14 colours in different sizes.

Hope this helps.

3. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

Thanks for your reply. Actually, rather than the process of how to put on an overshoe; what I really meant was are they easy to put on -regarding how much stretch or elasticity that they have in the material from which they're made.

4. alco

alco Well-Known Member

Would these have an inner lining similar to Swims or the material inside is the same as the outside?

5. Afinepairofshoes

Covy's have developed their very own flexible, heat and cold resistant material called "CoverFlex" that protects your shoes from snow, ice, mud or dirt. The material is very resilient to stretching on and off shoes, and I have fully tested these myself and they are really easy to put on and off.

Sizing is key to getting a great fit. If you have slim, flat or pointed shoes then we recommend going towards the smaller size closest to your shoe size.

For wider and chunkier shoes and boots go towards the larger sizes around your shoe size.

They are completely made of the same "Coverflex" in a one piece moulding. They are very durable, but sharp glass and nails are best avoided as this might damage the cover shoe.

6. Afinepairofshoes

These are made in a one piece moulding from Covy's own "CoverFlex" that is soft and gentle on your shoes inside but durable and protective from the elements on the outside.

7. wurger

wurger Senior member

why you posting this on an affiliated vendor thread, this got nothing to do with AFPOS

8. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

He's a troll

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  9. Isbister

Isbister Senior member

10. Afinepairofshoes

Thank you for this link to this great article!

Just checked with Sanders and they currently make the Hi Top, Lo Top, Jack , Olly and Bertie in a size 13. We can special order any of these for you, let us know what you would like.

11. Isbister

Isbister Senior member

Thanks - I will look on the website and PM you.

12. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Is the website down? I'm just getting a "hosted by" page.

13. Afinepairofshoes

Everything seems fine, try www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk

14. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

The .com version is down.

Any more cordovan Alfred Sargents in the works?

15. Afinepairofshoes

We will hopefully be getting some subs coming through of the Ramsey in Whiskey cordovan. Very tricky leather to work with and some didn't make the strict quality standards of AS, and have been graded subs.

Hopefully over the next couple of months, but until they arrive can't detail sizes yet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  16. Afinepairofshoes

.com all fixed now, thanks.

17. Sabutai

Sabutai Well-Known Member

Outstanding! I ordered a pair or expresso and in less than a week I received them. They look and feel great, and can't wait to use them here in Seattle within the next few days. I bought some saphir products here to help ease some of the associated shipping cost, but imo a fine quality purchase and exemplary service.

18. Afinepairofshoes

Many thanks, indeed. Great to hear you like the service and your purchases!!!

19. Afinepairofshoes

Starting to get in some of our new styles for Winter 2013, including some great country styles from Sanders.

Here is a full on country boot with double leather sole called Aintree

[​IMG]

And a full brogue with commando sole in dark chocolate waxy brown calf called Salisbury

[​IMG]

20. Afinepairofshoes

A nice picture of our new employee Lily modelling with some favourites for Winter 2013

[​IMG]

And as we continue to improve our service to our customers worldwide, from now onwards we are including a free of charge pair of our beautiful cedar shoetrees and free of charge international shipping with all footwear purchased from www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk

[​IMG]