Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

How do the fit of the Ramsey's compare to the C&J 348 last or any other C&J last that you have experience with?

Does a UK9.5E in the 348 equate to a 9.5F for the AS Ramseys?

2. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

The sizes are the same for 348 & 99 lasts - although the 348 toe shape is slightly longer than the 99. Stunning quality shoes that will be a great addition.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

If it helps, I wear the same size on AS 99 (6F) and C&J 348 (6E). Fit across the ball is similar but the 348 is definitely elongated.

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Quote:
    Thank you both for the responses!

5. Afinepairofshoes

We have been working hard on our new site - you might like to take a look.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Just received my first pair of shoes from you guys and couldn’t be happier. Somehow FedEx managed to get them here overnight. The included gift of some saphir polish was an unexpected, nice, surprise! Thank you for that. :happy:

I bought the Alfred Sargent Dallas on clearance. While I have only had them for a couple hours I already love them. Feel very well made. Have a feeling they are going to be worn a lot. Between the mark downs on the site, subtracting VAT and the additional off code in this thread, I got them for a steal.

All you fellow SF’s with bigger feet should stock up. Lots of 12’s, 12.5’s and 13’s available. I'm planning on making another purchase soon.

Thanks again!

7. Nativefx

Nativefx Well-Known Member

Hello, I noticed your answer to another member regarding the similarity of the AS99 last to the C&J 337. As I have a pair of C&J on the 337 last, I'm interested in trying to figure out a size for the AS. The toe box on the 337 is great, but in a 9.5UK size the shoe is a bit snug and I've had to have them stretched across the vamp as this is where I am having fitment issues. I've bought EG's in 10UK in the 202 last in order to make sure I had plenty of room, but haven't tried in a 9.5UK. The length of the 337 I feel would be to long in a 10UK so I haven't purchased any other C&J's. In looking at the AS 99, is this a longer last such as the 337 or is it short enough that I might be fine looking at a 10UK in this last?

Sorry, I have flat feet with a somewhat high in step which makes fitting shoes a tricky situation. Thanks, and great site by the way!

8. Afinepairofshoes

From what you have mentioned I think the UK size 10F in the AS 99 last would be a good place to start - the last is not too long but still beautifully proportioned.

9. saint

saint Senior member

+1 received the Brigsteer and Knotting Chelseas in two days, also with a complimentary tin of Saphir polish. I also bought a tin of Saphir graisse, which is almost impossible to find in the US. Great service and selection! Sorry I didn't search this thread better before ordering as I only used the Novat code and not the SF code, so I didn't get the full discount availble.

I am definitely thinking of ordering a couple more pairs as I really like AS, and the service is top notch!

10. Afinepairofshoes

We have just completed, what we think, is a quality story. The great people at Alfred Sargent, one of the finest shoe makers today, have very kindly let us photograph the whole process, from start to finish, of the shoe making process.

Here is a link for you http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/pages/a-quality-story-1

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

11. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Quote:
    Fantastic! I wondered why AS didn't have some documentary info on the web. Did you see my shell saddle gibsons in the factory, by any chance? 8u)

Thanks,

Nick D.

12. Afinepairofshoes

Really glad you like it Nick - I am always amazed at the different shoes and boots being crafted in the AS factory - absolutely stunning work. Unfortunately, didn't see your shell saddle gibsons, although they sound wonderful!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

13. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Quote:
    I was very disappointed not to have had the opportunity to go to Northampton & visit the factory when I was in the UK in Jan. I'll have to come up with another excuse to get to the UK.

14. Afinepairofshoes

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Hello, am eyeing up a few fine pairs of shoes on your site and am wondering if there is an affiliated SF code for a discount...might nudge me in the right direction (for my shoe collection anyway, probably the wrong direction for my bank balance). Thanks for your help.

PS Love the site. Lots of useful pictures and information. Very easy to use and enjoy.