A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

With cross-post apologies, recent first wearing of AS Moore's in Burgundy for AFPOS. I'm really liking these so far, and with the included trees these are easily the best deal in English footwear. Quality is in C&J HG territory (better in certain respects) with pricing below BG. No brainer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Thanks J

3. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

Starting to get our brand new loafers from Carlos Santos in stock.

Classic tasselled slip on loafer by Carlos Santos. Produced in rich bairrada (red brown) patina and premium black calf with goodyear welted single leather sole.

New 362 last - elegant and sleek almond shape, new for 2017 with a little extra width for a more comfortable fit. Fits true to size, take one full size down from US size

9177-1_74822500-5e73-472e-8334-ee351f2d5b56_1024x1024.jpg 9177barraida10_1024x1024.jpg 9177noir9_1024x1024.jpg

4. shrink1061

shrink1061 Active Member

My AS Ramseys arrived today!

[​IMG]

very happy indeed, they need a good shine and some patination to bring out the character in the shoe, but the fit is excellent.

5. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior member

A couple of days ago I recieved a pair of Carlos Santos GMTO Jumper Boot (in another last) for AFPOS, I am impressed with the quality of the boot in that price. The leather is thick but flexible, the stiching is on spot and the last perfect for my feet, perfect for jeans and Barbour International jacket. I am wondering about the sole that looks like Dainite but has Carlos Santos logo, certainly in not Dainite rebranded, it is from other manfacturer, the quality is OK.

I have been a AFPOS client for sevaral years and the service has always been very good, but you can see the real will to provide an excellent service with GMTO or MTO since that requires specific attention to details. Logistics can also be a nightmare for delivering shoes to shoefreaks that like me who live in non usual locations, (i.e. Peru).

IMG_3692.JPG IMG_3693.JPG IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

6. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Looks great!

That reminds me that I don't think I ever posted pics of the GMTO jumper boot that I received a couple months ago. Carlos Santos jumper in brown grain, 333 last. Full review here for those interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Afinepairofshoes

Thanks for the great review of the CS GMTO boots and us at AFPOS, much appreciated and hope you enjoy wearing your new boots!

8. Afinepairofshoes

Love your review brillopad, they look great. We can order anything from CS, we just need eight pairs per GMTO.

There is a lot of product development going on, especially with CS, over the coming months so worth keeping an eye on our site.

Let us know if you want us to set up and new GMTO, and we will create a page. Typically these take 2-4 months from time of order with CS.

9. Afinepairofshoes

New addition to our Alfred Sargent Country x AFPOS range, Bexhill in Mahogany grain leather. These are really beautiful boots and compliment the range really nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Those Brexhill's are nice!

11. Afinepairofshoes

12. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

This is a cross post from the Alfred Sargent thread as I thought i might be able to get some expert opinions here too:

I am a UK 11 E on pretty much all Crockett and Jones and all Edward Green lasts.
    And, I am a UK 11.5 E on all Gaziano and Girling lasts (I have never tried the Deco, however).

Would you agree that UK 11 F is he right size and width for me on Alfred Sargent's 109 and 724 lasts?

13. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

That's my experience. I have 11 in the 724 last & 11.5 g&g / Edward green. 11 in Edward green didn't fit properly & never broke in to the point where they were comfortable.

14. Afinepairofshoes

We would agree that a AS 11 should be a good match for you in 724 & 109 lasts.

15. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

Thank you much @jonathanS and @Afinepairofshoes.

We have a consensus as this was also confirmed by @muddy250 on the Alfred Sargent thread.