1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: ALFRED SARGENT, SAPHIR, CARLOS SANTOS, TRICKERS... - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Fine Pair Of Shoes, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior Member

Unfortunately not, we only have what is in stock now. We will change this functionality to reflect this, our apologies.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:06 PM

2. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior Member

@Afinepairofshoes Do you stock any wide fittings these days? If not, do you recommend any more generous lasts?

3. chatelet

chatelet New Member

I have the same question. It's especially hard for us Australians because return shipping on a too-narrow pair is so expensive (if returns are even accepted).

@FredAstaire1899 What are you wearing at the moment? Have you tried Carmina or Meermin? I have not and the width is the only thing holding me back.

4. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior Member

I used to wear 7 UK shoes in regular widths, although they were always too tight in the width. After my mid 20s, my foot got a fair amount wider, however not much longer. I've had shoes custom made since, mostly because I found a convenient and well priced online resource. Nevertheless, I'd probably fit a 7.5 UK in a wide fit or 7 UK double wide depending on the length of the last. I've been tempted to try Allen Edmonds EE fitting.

5. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member