• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Few Questions About Fedoras

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good website that sells Fedoras?

Also, I was looking for one at the mall today with my mom and wife and they said that in order for me, or anyone, to successfully pull off the look of wearing a Fedora, the guy has to be wearing a collared, button-down, short sleeve shirt with a pair of khaki shorts and nice sandals and that it's pretty much a summer-only look. I disagree and think that a guy could wear one even if he's wearing a slim-fit tee and a pair of nice jeans. For example, I wear slim-fit tees and Rock and Republic jeans, so I'm confident that it would be okay to wear the right Fedora with that outfit. Are they (my wife and mom) pretty much right or do any of you agree with my opinion?

Lastly, if I'm going to get one, am I going to have to spend a hefty sum for a good quality one or can I get by with wearing a simple, inexpensive one without having someone be able to spot the fact that it's a cheap one from a mile away?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first of all your wife, you, and your mother have no style.

second. you say you feel a fedora would look good with a slim tee and nice jeans and then say you wear rock and republic jeans... so since you don't have nice jeans no you could not pull off that look.

lastly why did all men wear hats int he 1950s... i say its becasue they didn't shower as often so their hair was greezy.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please no, unless you live in South America or are over 50.

All other considerations aside, people just aren't used to the sihouette a fedora presents, that's why everyone who's tried to bring them back has gone with a thin brim and a low crown. You'll look weird and bad.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
jersey-shore-ronnie-sammi.jpg
COME AT ME BRO

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
lurking here a little before posting would have saved you the embarrassment of admitting you bought "nice jeans" like rock and republics...

i reeaaally hope you're just trolling tho

brozeus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
jersey-shore-ronnie-sammi.jpg

COME AT ME BRO

hahaha, amazing

season 2 looks even more ridiculous than the first...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads