• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a few outfits

veggieman

Reaction score
ok here are a few of my outfits. none are ironed or anything because i just threw them on for the sake of the picture.

Picture0202.jpg

picture0152.jpg

Picture0172.jpg

This last outfit I really cant find shoes to go with so let me know which version you like the best.

4a.
Picture0272.jpg

4b.
picture0262.jpg

4c.
ac927596.jpg

please let me know your likes/dislikes and advice. thanks!

Aureus

Reaction score
Longer sleeves... a bit of cuff should show when you wear the blazer. For the last outfit, maybe flip fops instead of 'man sandles' or an actual dress shoe?

Ott

Reaction score
I don't really like either pairs of jeans. They have no shape, and it gives you an awkward profile.

you seem to have really long legs.. you should try emphasizing that with a more fitted, straight leg pair.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't ever wear sandals or flip flops with jeans is the first rule. I like the second pic but you look too "stiff" in it. Don't button the top button you have done, maybe unbutton the last one at the bottom and try rolling the sleeves up a couple times to give it a casual air that will match the romas.

Aureus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Don't ever wear sandals or flip flops with jeans is the first rule. I like the second pic but you look too "stiff" in it. Don't button the top button you have done, maybe unbutton the last one at the bottom and try rolling the sleeves up a couple times to give it a casual air that will match the romas.

Bah, that depends very much on location. When you go to a college where the beach is always less than 1/4 mile away different standards apply, and I will occasionaly forget that
tongue.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its ok... Nothing offensive, but also nothing that I am really loving.

As mentioned before, I think that you can do more on the cut of the jeans. I cannot describe it very well, but while not "baggy", they seem a bit odd, loose shall we say. Particualrly in the hips?

Just my .02

K

Wade M

Reaction score
I agree with Ott, some jeans that accentuate your body would look good on you. The blazer looks like it's a bit tight for you (nice length tho). I'd suggest getting a pair of leather shoes/boots that aren't black and don't look like mocasans/loafers(sp)..... I personally 'do' the Birkis and Jeans all the time....It's not a good "fashion" look, but if I'm wearing what I enjoy and what feels good, I usually end up in APC's and Birkis
wink.gif
(warn to the beach, or to a cafe or something relaxed). --Wade

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that I'm the voice of dissent here. I think that the dark jeans look pretty good, especially in the second photo (with the brown) shirt. Don't really like the light colored jeans. I personally think that jeans require boots, sneakers, or beat up shoes, but others disagree. No sandals with jeans though, unless you are a member of Alpha Beta, in which case I advise that you quit. Otherwise, decent, but not outstanding looks. Since you like plain pieces, maybe you should add interesting accessories. Cool belts, accent shoes, simple leather bracelets, will go a long way in making the outfits more interesting. Oh, hate the vest and shirt combo though. Sorry, it's not 1993 anymore. You can only pull off that look is everything is really, really skinny, and you should probably have an atypical haircut.

CoryB

Reaction score
I like look 2 and 3. Look 1 is a definite no and look 4s are okay for a lazy day, but not great.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#2, very nice.

please ditch the vest.

-Jeff

veggieman

Reaction score
yeah it looks like everyone hates the vest... i wont try that one again. next time i go shopping i'll have to try on different jeans and see if i like the others.

someone said i need some accesories, i couldnt agree more. i hve to find something to spice the outfits up. if anyone has a suggestion let me know... if not i guess i'll just head off the H+M and try to find something
smile.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, props to veggieman for making one of his first three posts a "rate my look" thread.

i've been here 2 1/2 hears and haven't done that.

-Jeff

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with LA Guy about incorporating some interesting accessories, it's amazing how much a difference a certain watch, bracelet, belt, shoes, can make. I like the look of pic #2 as well, I like the color of the jeans. Look on pic number 1 is a tough one to pull off, Colin Farrell does it pretty well here:

Although I think it would be better if he had some kick ass nudies or rag & bone jeans.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
I agree with LA Guy about incorporating some interesting accessories, it's amazing how much a difference a certain watch, bracelet, belt, shoes, can make. I like the look of pic #2 as well, I like the color of the jeans. Look on pic number 1 is a tough one to pull off, Colin Farrell does it pretty well here:

Although I think it would be better if he had some kick ass nudies or rag & bone jeans.

For the record, my jeans are usually worn somewhere between Colin and Jamie's fit, and are usually darker. I think that jeans look better hanging like that rather than being really tight. I mean, I like some tapered jeans as well (my New Standards, for example, are part of my current 3 jean rotation (RRDS, 5EP bootcut, and APC New Standards), but even those I prefer to have some room through the butt and thighs.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#2 probably is best, for it has the fewest problems. However, the footwear is too casual and the look is rectangular. (A smaller, relaxed collar from one of the other outfits would lessen that.) Despite being too long, the jacket in #3 does wonders for the silhouette. All the pictures show a good understanding of color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads