1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A fat guy with a date: need help with style, fit, choices!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CallMeCoach, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

This threak should be in teh dumb

2. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

Snappy dresser: don't forget Churchill (the former prime minister not the insurance dog advert).

Buy a compression vest and you can hide the love handles.

Check out the brand Cavi - larger shirt sizes. Go for an ace watch, shoes & hair and rest can take care of itself, usually.

http://www.cavinyc.com/shop/P949336/product.html

3. CallMeCoach

CallMeCoach Member

Is it possible for you to get down to a 38 waist? You will have lots of selection at that point. here are some jeans i found in size 40x32: http://cgi.ebay.com/325-Ralph-Lauren...#ht_3074wt_932 RRL gets plenty of love on these boards. Also, shoes are one area where your can do well. Try having a look on www.yoox.com perhaps get advice here regarding which shoes/boots would look good with the style of jeans you will wear, and then use a tailor to solve the shirt & blazer problem.
    Solid advice, sir! I think a tailor could do the trick with the shirts, for sure. That may be my move this Saturday - hit up a tailor for a couple of shirts. Those jeans look great! I just wonder how they fit? I'm a little leary of buying without some customer reviews on the fit of the jeans. Is the darker look of jeans better? I tend to go with lighter colored jeans because of my upper body being bigger than my lower body. And, what kind of shoes or boots? When you say boots, can you give me an example? And, are CK slip on black dress shoes something that would work with the jeans you sent a link for?

4. CallMeCoach

CallMeCoach Member

Snappy dresser: don't forget Churchill (the former prime minister not the insurance dog advert). Buy a compression vest and you can hide the love handles. Check out the brand Cavi - larger shirt sizes. Go for an ace watch, shoes & hair and rest can take care of itself, usually. http://www.cavinyc.com/shop/P949336/product.html
    Were you suggesting that shirt specifically? I saw some of Cavi's other stuff -- I like what I see. Also, here is the watch I have now. Got it about 10 months ago in the Midwest @ a Fossil store. What do you think? http://watchrate.org/watches/image.a...undcolor=white

5. slide13

slide13 Senior member

If you want some good jeans in that size look into Jean Shop. I used to be an almost 42" waist a couple years ago and a pair of Jean Shop Rockers were my first pair of good jeans. Size 39" actually measured to about a 41" waist and they were great jeans. I'm down to a 33" waist now but still like those Rockers and may pick up another pair one of these days.

6. CallMeCoach

CallMeCoach Member

If you want some good jeans in that size look into Jean Shop. I used to be an almost 42" waist a couple years ago and a pair of Jean Shop Rockers were my first pair of good jeans. Size 39" actually measured to about a 41" waist and they were great jeans. I'm down to a 33" waist now but still like those Rockers and may pick up another pair one of these days.

I searched but not much came up, maybe a link to which ones you mean specifically?

And how did you lose the weight?

7. CallMeCoach

CallMeCoach Member

I have a fat friend and he wouldn't be caught dead in jeans. I think this is the right move.

Is that sarcasm or seriousness?