• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A different kind of Critique my Jantzen (Shirt and Suit)

new obsession

Reaction score

Measured on site, professionally laundered once. The only change I might make fit-wize is to make the sleeves about 1/2 inch longer with cuffs about 1/4 -1/2 inch smaller and the neck about 1/2 to 1/3 inch bigger. Any other advice?

raley

Reaction score
I think the sleeve length is alright as well. It looks like the shoulders are a bit wide though, but maybe your shoulders just slope a lot.

new obsession

Reaction score
Jantzen suit, measured in HK. Not sure about the fabric, just that my wife liked it. The whole process felt a little rushed, but I am please with the result. Anyone have any input?

I thought this was particularly interesting. The re-inforcement on the back of the pants legs is the edge of the fabric bolt. The same can be found inside the pockets. I personally have no issue with it, and actually think it is pretty interesting.

raley

Reaction score
The shoulders in picture from the front (and the back) of the suit seem a little strange. Why is it folded in like that? Is that just the way you are standing? Otherwise it looks very nice.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
I think the sleeve length is alright as well. It looks like the shoulders are a bit wide though, but maybe your shoulders just slope a lot.

My shoulders are apparently pretty sloping. I wouldn't change the shoulder. I have a Chan shirt that I just got in the mail, the shoulders of which are pretty snug, maybe more so than I like.

new obsession

Reaction score
The shoulders in picture from the front (and the back) of the suit seem a little strange. Why is it folded in like that? Is that just the way you are standing? Otherwise it looks very nice.

For some reason I decided to hold my arms out from my sides during the picture. Not sure why, but I think that does is the reason for what you are talking about.

raley

Reaction score
I'll wait for the experts to chime in, but I'm definitely impressed. Is it fully-canvassed? Also would you mind sharing a price?

lameduck

Reaction score
ooh very nice suit! I really really like it!
biggrin.gif
I need to get myself to Hong Kong soon.
smile.gif

Regards

new obsession

Reaction score
I'll wait for the experts to chime in, but I'm definitely impressed. Is it fully-canvassed? Also would you mind sharing a price?

Fully canvassed, one measurement, one fitting basted etc , pick up. $4500 HK for three shirts and one suit.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Nice suit, looks great on you except for the top of the sleeves folding in.

Great lining colour, did you select it?

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaptChaos
Nice suit, looks great on you except for the top of the sleeves folding in.

Great lining colour, did you select it?

I remember discussing it with them, and we basically agreed that the lining should pretty much match the lines in the suit. They ran with it from there.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
for the price you paid overall if you are happy with it then thats the main thing from my expirance you were a little over charged at HK $4500 for 1 siut and 3 shirts, but you get that shopping in central that last time i bought shirts and a suit it was HK $3500 with some nasty ties thrown into the deal too! but i asked for half canvas and also half linned, as the weather in HK is not so suit wearing friendly so i got the to make it as thin and light as possible!

i think the balance in sleeve length looks a bit off or is that coz you have not straightened you self out before the photo? and judging from the slevedge edge they gave you the bare minimal amount of fabric - which hadded to me a cuple of time also you might find this inthe rear pockets too!

the last time i went window shopping in TST on kowloon side there was some talior offering suit shirt and ties for HK $888 but i am alway wary of these kinds of offers but it pays to shop around

danielk

Reaction score
new obsession,

shirt and suit look great, congrats!

couple of questions for you or luk-cha or anyone else;

do they offer quarter lined or half lined jackets?

how were the fabric choices? any English or Italian mills?

seems a great deal, i am planning to get to hong kong sooner rather than later.

best,

dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics