• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a different kind of Brooks Brothers Clearance

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I won't quote it, just in case you decide to edit it, but perhaps you should re-think that last paragraph as it's quite an over-reaction.

I haven't posted on Ask Andy for years and I do agree that the moderation there is very heavy-handed and that moderation decisions seem very arbitrary or biased at times, but I think that your last para (as it currently stands) is uncalled for.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern, but have I really said anything?

Well, if I were the person mentioned in the third para of your post above, I'd construe what you've written as a threat.

RY4N

Reaction score
Well, if I were the person mentioned in the third para of your post above, I'd construe what you've written as a threat.

Not to mention you have suggested that a member of the Indiana government would use his connections to persecute a private citizen and his wife as part of your petty feud.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the moderator of the Ask Andy Trad Forum", eagle2250, brain damaged or senile?

I was unsolicitedly insulted and attacked by two people on the site, and I get a preachy email for the moderator saying I broke three rules and continued to insult people for defending myself with no retribution for the others. They took my comments about my experience at the Garland, NC clearance center as some personal insult. Even after it appeared I worked things out with the folks, he further admonished me and suspended my account. It's as if he didn't read the further responses. (maybe the old man can't read)

The old man has a lovely picture of him and his wife in his avatar. Valparaiso is a small town too. My partner is a big player in Indiana government. He might consider looking over his shoulder, maybe leaving the planet. Just sayin.

Hmmmmm........proof that age sometimes doesn't equate to maturity.

Nobody from Valparaiso is a "big player" in Indiana government :puzzled:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since this thread was brought up again... does the shop ship out of state? :D

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since this thread was brought up again... does the shop ship out of state? :D

No, no shipping at all, unfortunately. Our only access is by visiting the store in person or shopping with one of the folks who buy there and resell. Forum member @Steve Smith is a good one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads