• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

...a day in Vienna

Sartorial1

Reaction score
After those pic,
I've gotta get back to Vienna.
Many thanks to the OP.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial1
After those pic,
I've gotta get back to Vienna.
Many thanks to the OP.

you're welcome.

just let me know and i'll be your sartorial tour guide
smile.gif

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
you're welcome.

just let me know and i'll be your sartorial tour guide
smile.gif

I will remember that.
It is one of my favorite cities in Europe.
Last visit was in 2005, so it's time to return.
It's back at the top of my To Do List.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my way back from the train station, after returning to Vienna from an overnight trip to Salzburg, I stopped by the master's workshop to enhance the forum's vicarious experience:
20100919-1.jpg
20100919-2.jpg
20100919-3.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
On my way back from the train station, after returning to Vienna from an overnight trip to Salzburg, I stopped by the master's workshop to enhance the forum's vicarious experience:

20100919-1.jpg

20100919-2.jpg

20100919-3.jpg

From the window it looks like a price point around Ludwig Reiter, the only
RTW that I found in Vienna that could fit me. How do Weiner's shoes compare
to LR? Also, do they have wide sizes a la the LR Amerikaner and new Uniform
last?

Thanks Gerd.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
From the window it looks like a price point around Ludwig Reiter, the only...

How do Weiner's shoes compare to LR?

Also, do they have wide sizes a la the LR Amerikaner and new Uniform
last?

Thanks Gerd.

the similar price point is the only thing they have in common and the fact that both products are shoes...

the shoes are all entirely handmade on generic lasts. LR is a typical but well made RTW brand, with admittedly a wide range of lasts and widths.

he always stocks around 30 - 40 sample shoes of his bespoke work. that's what fellow binge did - "take away bespoke shoes". there's no upcharge to the displayed prizes, when you place an order for your distinct model - your personal last is included. turn around is about six weeks. no trial shoes, from what i anticipated.

a friend of mine ordered his first pair recently and it's marvelous with the obvious nick nacks of a first pair. he's already planning on his subsequent orders.

i haven't heard(from him) that there are models or patterns, he isn't able to do. he also has a lazyman and loafers in the current sample "gallery".

one of his claims: bespoke shoes are more fun, so this is a truly master of his craft.

o-tone binge: a place you wouldn't discover on your own. thank you gerd for showing me.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a place you wouldn't discover on your own. thank you gerd for showing me.

Quoted for truth.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the similar price point is the only thing they have in common and the fact that both products are shoes...
i haven't heard(from him) that there are models or patterns, he isn't able to do. he also has a lazyman and loafers in the current sample "gallery".

Please tell me (or don't
wink.gif
) that he can also do a chisel last ...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Please tell me (or don't
wink.gif
) that he can do a chisel last ...

sure, he can work on a chisel. he is a shoemaker.

the lasts are coming from his lastmaker, but i don't know whom he is using.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he always stocks around 30 - 40 sample shoes of his bespoke work. that's what fellow binge did - "take away bespoke shoes".

so is it more correct to say that binge bought an rtw shoe since it (last) was not made for him.

he always stocks around 30 - 40 sample shoes of his bespoke work. that's what fellow binge did - "take away bespoke shoes". there's no upcharge to the displayed prizes, when you place an order for your distinct model - your personal last is included. turn around is about six weeks. no trial shoes, from what i anticipated.

do you mean no fitting?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
1. so is it more correct to say that binge bought an rtw shoe since it (last) was not made for him.

2. do you mean no fitting?

1. binge bought an entirely handmade shoe and the last it was made on is a perfect fit for him. you can call it however you want to...

2. i said no trial shoe. certainly there is a fitting before the shoe is finished.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tractorcasual
Very elegant shoes. Is that the guy in Florianigasse?

yes, it is in the florianigasse. just a few steps from the restaurant tholl thai...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads