• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A day at the spa

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Howdy fellas. It's been awhile, but I've been swamped with tons of school work plus extracurricular events. Anyway, because of that busy schedule, I completely overstressed myself and slacked off in a few classes last semester. I'll be able to average it out this time around, but I wasn't too pleased. Anyway, with that and Prom coming up, I decided to treat myself to a facial. And I've got to say, I left like this "
biggrin.gif
" the fact of having a rather cute attendent (what is the technical name for a spa worker?) helped as well. I just wanted to share this new-found love with you. Oh,
wow.gif
and does anyone frequent a day spa? If so, what have you found to be the most relaxing treatment? Thanks guys. Glad to be back.
smile.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly does a facial consist of? I really have no idea, but I think I would like to try it. The only spa-type of thing I've ever done was get a professional massage, which is really really relaxing.

While in Mexico I went to this "massage parlor" which turned out to be a whorehouse. Needless to say it was interesting...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although facials will vary from spa to spa, a facial generally consists of a steam to open up the pores, a cleansing treatment, an exfoliation treatment, and a head and neck massage.  I find it very relaxing and try to go once a month.

For anyone who lives in the Washington, DC area, I highly recommend the Grooming Lounge, located at 1745 L Street, NW.  It's a barbershop/spa geared toward men that opened less than two months ago and has been sucking large chunks of my paycheck ever since.  And yes, the female employees are attractive.  I don't think this is a coincidence.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you New York guys know of a men's spa? Thc, Dragonfly?

NavyStyles

Reaction score
AmbulanceChaser,

I'm sure the looks of the female employees are no coincidence. You did say the place was geared towards men, eh?

Also, Mike C., the facial is to open up and clean out your pores. They don't really "pick" at them, but they do kind of prod around. Oh one question, throughout the whole thing, my eyes are closed and at one point, I had little slivers of paper over them. Around this time, she took out what sounded like a taser (bc it had an electrical hum) was I ever worried.. Turns out it had a larger surface than just two metal teeth. It was more of a "paddle." She rubbed it on my face and it was very smooth. What exactly does this do?

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Hey Mike C.
I haven't been to one yet in the city, but I've heard good reviews for Nickel and SkinCareLab. Both have services tailored for men. I'm not sure if they have websites, but you probably can check them out first in the Internet.

thc

Reaction score
Yeah, the best one for men is SkinCareLab. It's a little pricey though, and I haven't been in awhile. Facials are b/t $120-$150. But every guest gets their own private room and the aestheticians are very professional and know their stuff. The decor is cool too--lots of steel walls. Be careful of the heavy sales push at the end though to buy skin care products.

A couple of others to check out are Oasis, Paul Lebrecque at the Reebok Sports Club, Aveda Spa, Equinox Spa, and Origins at Chelsea Piers. But actually, most places in the city though are pretty unisex and plenty of guys go to these places. For instance, lots of men go to Bliss, Georgette Klinger, Lia Schorr, etc. The ones I mentioned before are probably the most "masculine" though.

thc

Reaction score
I just learned of another day spa that just opened. It is the Nickel day spa from the French skincare line of the same name. The spa is men only and seems pretty reasonably priced (although, still not cheap.) The good thing is that between 2-4 PM on Tues-Fri, they take 15% off of their services. The website for the line is www.nickel.fr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads