• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Rincon

Reaction score
This thread sucks btw - the SWD does MC and MC does SWD threads were genuinely alright and worthy of discussion, but pitting them against each other does not work. For one, MC is easier to master than SWD - all you need is stacks of cash, and the terms and checklists you guys have already written. The clothes do most of the rest. SW+D has shown that money can't buy style.

How can this be true?

Getting the perfect fit is incredibly difficult, even doing MTM.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

what is the point of this thread if not to stir **** up?

Welcome to the whodini
00ae.png
school of posting
2122.png

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested in SW&D's interpretation of wearing a suit. I imagine there would be flare and visual appeal that might be lost on most MC users, but as an artist I would enjoy the opportunity to compare what separates the two.

Mr. Corbera, can you make this happen?

On a side note it appears to me that SW&D approaches things from an aesthetic point of view. This thread will hopeful function as a looking glass into a world I am unfamiliar with. :D

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you think this entire forum is for? Are you saying MC doesn't approach things from an aesthetic point of view? (It would explain a lot)

That is my point exactly, in MC there is a lot of give on aesthetic, as long as quality, symmetry, and fit are taken into account.

We at times miss the forest for the trees, that is the neurotic nature of MC.

SW&D is a refreshing perspective, that is all I'm saying.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

How To Be An Informative Dickhead, 101

Wait till you come down to visit me. I have this great game we can play. It's called, "Leave the dude who doesn't speak spanish to fend for himself in a drug mule-infested jungle." The winner lives.

I would be very interested in SW&D's interpretation of wearing a suit.

Look up the Thick as Thieves thread.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
This thread could be so much more interesting/popcorn worthy if it was on neutral territory like say, general chat. All the MCers and SW&Ders could duke it out in one thread until a new comparison is posted, at which time discussion/bickering of the previous fits cease. As is, you can't really expect too many posters to cross over the forum wall to comment/debate.

In any case, I think both of the first fits are great for the posters' respective intentions. Objectively, Ivwri's fit is more interesting to look at because it is less commonplace. If I saw the suit fit irl, I'd just think "it fits well, but there's not much visual interest" and I'd move on without giving it a second thought. I suspect this is the general attitude for both MCers and SW&Ders regarding the other side, though. We find different styles to be "visually interesting" and are not particularly excited about what makes the other side's details, such as functional cuffs or twisted seams, special.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love how all the posts in the MC thread before the first looks were posted was a bunch of failure attempts at internet humor. Encapsulates MC well.

I miss RJman....

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MC has shown the same thing on occasion. lol

As an MC'er with a limited budget it's been interesting to see how much you can do without an incredible amount of cash. I would view the SW+D as the one that requires the cash. You aren't likely gonna pull the yohji look out of the goodwill pile, but you can do a great MC that way. All it takes is a pretty developed sense of what works.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

As is, you can't really expect too many posters to cross over the forum wall to comment/debate.

My point exactly. "Hey guys, xyz has been going on for years so why don't we xyz again only this time I'll add a mustache."

As an MC'er with a limited budget it's been interesting to see how much you can do without an incredible amount of cash. I would view the SW+D as the one that requires the cash. You aren't likely gonna pull the yohji look out of the goodwill pile, but you can do a great MC that way. All it takes is a pretty developed sense of what works.

Guy, c'mon. I get what you're saying but it's painfully naive and trite. Might as well serve as the poster for what this whole "debate" is supposed to be about.

You're focusing in on ONE look when there are so many on here that HAVE been done on a budget. And while I'm sure you might think you look great and MCers may be kind enough not to tell you otherwise, you can't tell me for a second they couldn't pick your Nordstrom Rack gear piece by piece.

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My point exactly. "Hey guys, xyz has been going on for years so why don't we xyz again only this time I'll add a mustache."
Guy, c'mon. I get what you're saying but it's painfully naive and trite. Might as well serve as the poster for what this whole "debate" is supposed to be about.
You're focusing in on ONE look when there are so many on here that HAVE been done on a budget. And while I'm sure you might think you look great and MCers may be kind enough not to tell you otherwise, you can't tell me for a second they couldn't pick your Nordstrom Rack gear piece by piece.

Then why drop it in the original post? It works both ways.

And maybe the could maybe they can't (with regards to the rack comment). Bespoke is not easy to get "right" even if you have a serious amount of bank.

Both things are hard to do well. Why imply (or explicity state) that this isn't the case?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here we go again. To many cooks in the kitchen but no one knows how to cook.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads