A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by F. Corbera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

The colours may be common but they are rarely used exclusively as is the case there. Now that fit is superlatively good and it is both sad and worrying that you can't see that.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

"clean" isn't the point of stacking. there is more than one way for an outfit to look good than it being "clean."

3. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Greg looks good in both posts. I love the sport coat.

I know this is a "daily" thread, which implies only current posts are eligible, but I think it would be interesting to see some of the "best of" examples from each thread's history analyzed alongside one another. FC could use the same basic logic he's already proposed to select pairings save "they are both great" and "they are both terrible," which would obviously be excluded. Does SW&D have an equivalent to Trini's pre-2010 Hall of Fame thread?

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Absolutely correct. I did note that when I posted the picture in WAYWT but vox's concept of side-by-side pics doesn't include comments posted with the pics. I wore the shirt all day with a different coat and did not bother changing shirt (or even tucking it) when I went out for drinks in the leather (I should have)

All in all, not a great fit but I got half a dozen requests for a fit pic of that jacket (custom so not that common) and wanted to make sure I snapped a shot (admittedly crappy) before taking it off

I know the purpose of the thread is unclear and free-flowing but is it really meant to ask people (from either side of the fence) to pick a "winner" from the two pics? Not sure what can come out of that.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who made the leather jacket?

6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

7. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

+1. I think it's best to talk conceptually about what contributes to success or failure and how these things find unique expression through the filter of each respective approach.

8. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

No, I said the look (white t-shirt, too long jeans, and white sneakers) is a mediocre look.

I was shocked, on the other hand, that you think using white black and grey is some sort of revolutionary color scheme. My point was that is used every daily in MC

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Really? Cause no one every wears a grey suit, white shirt, black tie, and black shoes? give me a break.

Once again, explain why the fit is good.

I know its not the point. What is the point?

Are you suggesting that looking sloppy (i.e. not clean) is somehow a good look? If so, I once again reinforce why I never go into SWD.

10. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Picking a winner is best left for people that like to argue over which pop musician is the all time bestest.
    I like the gdl comparison because it surprised me to see the MC version looks more relaxed and comfortable (to me).

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Depends a Zimmerli t shirt and 45 RPM jeans would be pretty boss, son.

12. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

don't you have some black shoes to purchase or something?

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is not surprising at all that you would get this feeling from the pics - one has open neck, unbuttoned coat while the other shows a torso ensconced in leather, zipped almost all the way up and a neck wrapped pretty tight. The former does look more comfortable, particularly since most people know mostly calf leather, which is thick and constricting - if one could touch and wear this lamb jacket, they would realize it feels very soft and supple, unlike what our eyes tell us looking at the pic. It is actually pretty comfortable.

Quadcammer - if you don't see it (Parker's great fit), then you don't see it and there seems to be no point trying to convince you that it's good. However, saying that it is not "revolutionary" is not a good argument - it's not the novelty of an outfit that makes it good, it's how well it is executed and how the proportions, textures and colors (or non-colors) work. On the MC side, you can have a great outfit with basic (non-revolutionary) grey slacks, blue bengal shirt and navy blazer. Just like you can have a horrid outfit with the same basic elements.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Post examples of this from MC, you will find none or maybe one exception.

WTF do you want me to explain, you don't speak the language, there is nothing I can say that will help you learn it in 2 mins.

15. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Hi gdl, who made the sport coat? That's a really great looking coat!