• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me be the first-

In the latest round, I like gdl's fit.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uh oh
Well, I don't know where you live but in my world, no it doesn't. Many TRY to look like this (as also evidenced by the hundreds of casual fit pics posted here) but very few achieve the great fit, proportions and colors (in this case, purely on the white-grey-black spectrum) that is shown here.
It's okay if you can't see it. Most people out there wouldnt see the difference between a vox fit and a Man of Lint fit either

I live just outside manhattan.

once again, great fit not found. Its a t-shirt, jeans that are too long, and a pair of sneakers. Where is the great fit?

colors? white gray and black? **** me sideways, I'd never think to combine those.

This look is as mediocre as it gets

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

It's okay if you can't see it. Most people out there wouldnt see the difference ... either

truth

wouldn't it be better to compare photos of similar quality too ? picking one clear closeup vs a garbage front-door 3 pixel cell phone shot does an injustice to one or the other

Rompson

Reaction score

why? this looks great, imo. no stacking for me, please. dunno what TL;DR means? can somebody help me out, ty.

You don't think the way the jean tapers down really small and ends right at his ankle is awkward? You don't think that because the jean is tapered, his shoes look pretty huge and blobby?

IMO he would look best with a pair of slim-straight jeans in this context. But alternatively, a little stacking would help ease the transition from ankle to shoe.

Rompson

Reaction score

I live just outside manhattan.
once again, great fit not found. Its a t-shirt, jeans that are too long, and a pair of sneakers. Where is the great fit?
colors? white gray and black? **** me sideways, I'd never think to compare those.
This look is as mediocre as it gets

Simple color schemes are best.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

wouldn't it be better to compare photos of similar quality too ? picking one clear closeup vs a garbage front-door 3 pixel cell phone shot does an injustice to one or the other

Yes, but I am constrained by what's actually available, meaning what's posted in the previous day or two. I don't have the energy to go beyond that to attempt some sort of grand survey of all looks in both forums throughout time..but, I welcome someone who would if that interests you.

I think that gdl used the same cell phone for both pics, and he does not spend the time to take full body MC shots (at least, not for a few years.) So, it is what it is.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Comparison #4: 03.23-24.12

[SW&D commentary]

The SWD look suffers from the shirt not being tucked in (and the hair being tuckered out, but who are we to cast stones).
MC suffers from lack of something to finish the look off at the neck, but that is a problem that is hard to deal with if you think you can't wear a tie in the circumstances. Someone should alter modern consciousness to make ascots/neckscarves less douchy because they have a useful function. Colors are great.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For once I am not quite sure what the point comparing these two contrasting fit and photographic efforts is, other than to illustrate that colour sometimes can work better than black and white and grey, and just based on these two pictures, gdl can look better in a sport coat combination he just threw on than a leather jacket combination he just threw on (or at least just this sport coat and this leather jacket).

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Comparison #4: 03.23-24.12

[SW&D commentary]

I think the MC gdl wins this one easily. Great SC! I think the SW&D gdl would have greatly benefited from just tucking his shirt in. The white of the scarf attracts the eye and frames his face which is good, but the contrast of the white sticking out below his leather jacket draws the eye towards his waist, which is bad.
Fred

Edit: cross-post, Dopey beat me to the shirt comment while I was typing.

Last edited:

Rompson

Reaction score

yeah, my point is that black white and gray is about as common as it gets in MC

Now i'm a little confused. :confused: You think those guys posted above are mediocre? You said parker's colors were mediocre, but he's wearing a very similar color scheme.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads