1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple Of Edward Green Oddities

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pejsek, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

is it just me or is this [​IMG] becoming the most popularly used smiley of all time???
    Fuckin' rage!
    [​IMG]

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Bravo! They are both very nice. I had thought that some of your Thrift Shop finds were from Fantasyland. Well, you've proven me wrong![​IMG]

pejsek, rhnoldh just called you a liar (sort of).

I think you need to duel: [​IMG]

As for this one: [​IMG]

I think it's pretty hilarious the way SFers have been throwing it around. It calls to mind a stadium full rabid fans listening to death-metal and stomping their EGs, high-armholed suits draping comfortably as they raise their hands above their heads (showing some linen of course) while checking periodically to ensure that their neighbor's moshing hasn't dislodged their pocket square.

With "War Pigs" crashing on through the arena sound system.

All that from one little smiley too.

3. Augustus Davies

Augustus Davies Senior member

These are some of my favorite EG shoes, both private label work for other retailers. The first is essentially the Falkirk. This shoe was made for Nordstrom sometime back in the 1980s. I found the pair at an especially nasty thrift store for $5. For some reason EG likes to do this shoe in a jaunty, sporty way--often with two tones. It's a classic design and I think it looks much better in this wonderful antique shade. Last is the 201:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second shoe is a double monk made for Paul Stuart, again back in the 1980s (showing a bit of age but still able to get around on its own). I found this at the Goodwill over ten years ago and I kind of lucked into it since at the time I had no idea of any EG connection. It's pretty much the Westminster with a cap-toe, medallion, and additional punching throughout the shoe. Perhaps I veer toward the baroque, but I find this design much nicer than the standard Westminster. Last here is the fabled 88:

[​IMG]

Pejsek, Beautiful! mmm, what size are the EG 201's?

4. denning

denning Senior member

EA, that was a great movie. One of the few comedies I have actually laughed at over the last while.

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nah, War Pigs doesn't have a fast enough beat for that little fellow.

6. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nah, War Pigs doesn't have a fast enough beat for that little fellow.

Agreed. More like Holiday in Cambodia or Terminal Preppie.

7. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

I have promised before, but I will try to get a full collection shot done soon.
    Still waiting, but willing to settle for a little EG Adelaide comparison. Including the latest from Tom of course ...

8. jjjohn

jjjohn Senior member

very beautiful.

9. hadamulletonce

hadamulletonce Senior member

Love the first pair. It's amazing what you can find at a thrift store.

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I figure that I can use a ladder and try to ge them all in that way. It will be a challenge. I might have to shoot EG and JL as separate groups.[​IMG]

I was thinking satellite -may have to get back for these shots.[​IMG]