• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A cordovan decision...

darnold

Reaction score
I recently picked up my first shell shoes: RL darlton shortwings. Love em. Now it is time for pair #2. Note: I plan to pick up a perf'ed captoe cordovan boot in the near future, probably in #8 (or Cigar if the Alden gods smile upon me). Cordovan shoe #2 will be a double leather soled blucher or chukka. Here are the candidates so far: Alden
Ravello or Cigar NST or Chukka
C&J
RL Darlton PTB
Bradford
Tragically, I can only afford one. Thoughts? Suggestions? Help me decide!

bananananana

In Time Out
Reaction score
If the Darlton wingtips fit well, then go with the Darlton PTB. Otherwise, I'd say the chukkas.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting the Darlton PTB's? Thought they were discontinued.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

riverrun

Reaction score
Those split toes in a darker color (I don't know what alden calls it) are probably my favorite shoes, so I can recommend them without reservations.

None of the others looks quite as good as this one to me, but I don't own a pair so can't really recommend...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts - from your list - probably the Ravello Chukkas. Get something different than the Darlton shell cordovan.

Honestly, my next choice would be off your list, probably something in #8. Alden's Number 8 (or AE's version - I have the MacNeil in burg shell) is such a versatile color, more so than cigar or ravello.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.