• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A car for LA

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
Motorex has stopped importing them, period. I don't think they exist as a going business any longer. The federal government suspended Motorex's registration as an importer, and there is an ongoing criminal investigation relating to Motorex allegedly taking off with customer deposits and vehicles.

Reeeeeaally... Wow. I hadn't head anything about that. Bummer. Yet another reason to move to Japan.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Garrett T88 mounted to a RB26
10.JPG

Lamo

Reaction score
this thread's gone astray, it seems

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I used to have a GTS-t R33 Skyline, it was OK. A lot of power. Got rid of it because the insurance payments were crippling me (male under 25, driving a turbo car in Australia = $$$). Imported a Mitsubishi FTO after that, I loved that car. Front wheel drive, and nowhere near the power of the Nissan, but a lot smaller and lighter, easier to throw around and a lot better city-driving car.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I wouldn't go to USC, but if I was forced to go there, I would only feel safe in a Humvee. Preferably one of the up-armored ones.

Lol. Maybe mocazen can spare one now that he got his murcielago.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lamo, Thats HYPNOTOAD! I love that, thats my favorite part from Futurama!

Now about Motorex, They got ************ for faking the crash tests and DOT certification for R32 and R34 imports, the only one that is actually on the DOT/NHTSA approved list is the R33

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll gladly take the M3 off your hands if you don't want it. I'm only 5' 10" and I have a feeling it would fit me perfectly.

For the combination of reliability + gas mileage I would go with toyota. Hondas also have a high resale value if you care about that.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from L.A...

I think I saw like 14 M3s drive by the Roosevelt... at USC I saw my fair share as well.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I know I'm an old married family guy, but we have a 2003 Kia Optima and it is great...

21654854.JPG

This is the second Kia I have owned - I had one of the original Sephia's when they started selling in the U.S. in 1995 and I put nearly 200,000 miles on that car without any problems... then proceeded to give it to my sister's boyfriend who drove it for another year before trading it in for a Kia Rio.

The Optima we have now is very nice, includes all the features you get in a much more expensive vehicle, looks good and gets around great. Plus, it comes with a 10-year, 100,000 mile warranty and is less expensive than anything else you could choose.

P.S. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of legroom in this car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads