• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A bit off topic

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to note that I've been listening to Koji's music all day, courtesy of the site that he has as his signature. If you are in need of some incredible music at work, I suggest you check it out.

Thanks, Koji. Incredible really.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's nothing; I can play the piano just like Ashkenazy. Wait. No...that's an MP3 on my computer... Never mind.
biggrin.gif
Seriously though, I've listened to some of Koji's stuff, very good indeed. Jon. The only thing that upsets me though is that he does not play Beethoven's III movement of Piano Sonata No. 14. He only plays the I movement of the Appassionata, anyone can play that...
smile.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nothing; I can play the piano just like Ashkenazy. Wait. No...that's an MP3 on my computer... Never mind.
biggrin.gif
Seriously though, I've listened to some of Koji's stuff, very good indeed. Jon.
Yes, I agree - I think he posted a thread before in the entertainment section, and I listened to some of the MP3s he had posted. Amazing.

marc37

Reaction score
My ultimate dream is to be able to play all the Beethoven piano sonatas. They are so hard to play. lf l was given a choice of $1 million or to play the piano brilliantly, l would choose to pay the piano brilliantly.

l have the utmost respect for great musicians.

Koji, would l be able to get your C.D's from a retailer in Australia.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Leaving aside for the moment how he sounds, he sure looks good. Edit: returning to how he sounds: Holy $hit. Â The Beethoven 109 is stunning, and that is not easy to play. Â Not that any of his selections are, but the late Beethoven is so hard that a lot of pianists never even try it. Â Bravo.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the kind thoughts guys (and for putting up with all those wrong notes, yuck).  I've got a concert in Philly on the 18th in Constitution Hall: ASTRAL AT THE NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER Friday, February 18, 2005, 8:00 pm Ayano Ninomiya, violin; Teng Li, viola; Clancy Newman, cello; Time for Three; Doug O'Connor, saxophone; Koji Attwood, piano; Peter Wilson, percussion; Eric Owens, narrator National Constitution Center, 6th & Arch Streets PROGRAM INCLUDES: Kodály Serenade for Two Violins and Viola, Op. 12; Dvorák Piano Quintet in A Major, Op. 81; Cynthia Folio Alexander Hamilton (World première commissioned by Astral) Music and heritage come together in the heart of America's history - the National Constitution Center - as the dynamic work of American composer Cynthia Folio resounds alongside Dvorák's memorable and songful Piano Quintet.  And a solo recital down in Boca Raton, Florida on the 27th (get to play on one of Horowitz's pianos
smile.gif
). Â Still have to decide on a program...and on that note (groan), I should really practice. Â Thanks again for listening. koji

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ultimate dream is to be able to play all the Beethoven piano sonatas. They are so hard to play. lf l was given a choice of $1 million or to play the piano brilliantly, l would choose to pay the piano brilliantly. l have the utmost respect for great musicians. Koji, would l be able to get your C.D's from a retailer in Australia.
I am shooting for Chop Sticks with two hands, no mistakes. And I would choose the Mil and Hire Koji on a regular basis... OK... Maybe I might need more than one mil. Chopin's Etudes are magnificient, Koji. I just played one (your recording Op. 10 no 4 in C) Â for my daughter who asked me if it was one person and one piano.
smile.gif
EDIT: so as not to read that Koji and I played the etude.
cry.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the kind thoughts guys (and for putting up with all those wrong notes, yuck). I've got a concert in Philly on the 18th in Constitution Hall: ASTRAL AT THE NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER Friday, February 18, 2005, 8:00 pm Ayano Ninomiya, violin; Teng Li, viola; Clancy Newman, cello; Time for Three; Doug O'Connor, saxophone; Koji Attwood, piano; Peter Wilson, percussion; Eric Owens, narrator National Constitution Center, 6th & Arch Streets PROGRAM INCLUDES: Kodály Serenade for Two Violins and Viola, Op. 12; Dvorák Piano Quintet in A Major, Op. 81; Cynthia Folio Alexander Hamilton (World première commissioned by Astral) Music and heritage come together in the heart of America's history - the National Constitution Center - as the dynamic work of American composer Cynthia Folio resounds alongside Dvorák's memorable and songful Piano Quintet. And a solo recital down in Boca Raton, Florida on the 27th (get to play on one of Horowitz's pianos
smile.gif
). Still have to decide on a program...and on that note (groan), I should really practice. Thanks again for listening. koji
Boca Raton? Really? Why didn't you tell me before? Can you post the venue info / PM me? Jon.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Any of you who have the opportunity, I highly recommend seeing Koji perform live.

We have done so twice, once for a charity event I arranged here in Phoenix and once during his tour with Baryshnikov. In both instances, his playing was amazing.

Bradford

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koji, I'm listening to one of your Chopin recordings right now. I'm speechless. Wow.

Do you have any plans to play in the Washington, DC area? Kennedy Center perhaps? Please let us know if you do, as there are several of us here who live in/around DC.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was just going to write the same thing. Do let us know if you come to DC -- I'm sure quite a few of us would be enthusiastic to see you and stand you a drink.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ultimate dream is to be able to play all the Beethoven piano sonatas. They are so hard to play. lf l was given a choice of $1 million or to play the piano brilliantly, l would choose to pay the piano brilliantly. l have the utmost respect for great musicians. Koji, would l be able to get your C.D's from a retailer in Australia.
Reminds me of my one (and only) Oscar Wilde moment. After a concert, a very well attired gentleman approached me and graciously offered his congratulations: "I wish I had your talent." (I glanced down in envy at his gorgeous EG Falmouth's, and then back at my less than gorgeous Ferragamo Studio captoes...) "I wish I had your shoes." Nice to see so many piano lovers on here. I wanted to give you guys a link to my all-time pianistic idol, William Kapell. In the course of thesis on him, I also discovered that he was quite the clothes-horse (in a wonderful letter he excitedly describes getting some pairs of shoes made by a local cobbler in Argentina). This is a very well-done 20 minute documentary: http://www.williamkapell.com/remembered/ Haven't played in DC since I was a teen, but if I'm ever lucky enough to perform there again, I let you guys know. koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads