A bird s*at on my shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dapperdude, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dapperdude

dapperdude Senior member

I wore my new cotton cashmere sweater for the first time tonight. I'm standing in line to buy some taquitos, and some guy says "hey, what's that on your shirt?" I reach behind to touch it, and I get this green and white mess on my hand. There is this huge streak of it on my back.

Can it be easily removed? It's dry clean only. Anyone have experience getting bird crap out of clothing? Is the stain time-sensitive, or can I wait until Monday?

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i would have taken off the sweater immediately and dampen a paper towel and wipe off as much as i could carefully. since bird poo is i heard is acidic.

i also heard around here somewhere there is a certain chemical when applied, it dries it up and you can brush it off in one clump clean off.

..why is it always when we are wearing our best threads, like cashmere, brionis, and such that birds crap on us? why never when we are in plain tshirts and cheap clothing?

3. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

You're right shoe. Mammals excrete urea, birds and reptiles uric acid. Not very soluble in water. That is a bitch dude lol. Do what shoe said and get it cleaned tomorrow ASAP. What's a cotton cashmere sweater? Didn't know they blended those.

4. dapperdude

dapperdude Senior member

F&^%. Why can't birds have non-acidic excrement like us mammals?

Cotton cashmere - it's one of Banana Republic's blended sweaters. It's actually mostly cotton, some cashmere and some synthetic (spandex or something). I don't know, I don't want to try to read the label right now - LOL. Fortunately, it's only $60, but still, I really loved the texture and color (maroon or burgundy).

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

take it back to BR and said it came like that [​IMG]

6. Montesquieu

Montesquieu Senior member

After a large one landed on my head and shirt while in Berlin, I was promptly congratulated by everyone around me. Apparently bird presents are considered good luck in Germany. Go buy a lottery ticket pronto.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

We do have seagulls the size of turkeys around here and cars are daily bombarded by the ungrateful flying rats...[​IMG]

Bird crap can attack paint and erode everything worse than coca cola...

8. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

After a large one landed on my head and shirt while in Berlin, I was promptly congratulated by everyone around me. Apparently bird presents are considered good luck in Germany. Go buy a lottery ticket pronto.

I was going to say the same thing as I've heard that here, too. That's one superstition that may have come over on an ocean liner.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I hear some british people often have to pay for this type of treatment.

10. xchen

xchen Senior member

..why is it always when we are wearing our best threads, like cashmere, brionis, and such that birds crap on us? why never when we are in plain tshirts and cheap clothing?

Same thing happened to me a few years ago, well before I dressed nice. I was wearing a work shirt, shorts, and a Harry Potter baseball cap (this was right when book six was going to come out and I got a lot of compliments, but wore it mostly to catch people's eyes). The stain faded, now you can't really see it, but I washed it immediately and it was still visible. Same for the white hanes tee.

11. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

my favourite irregular past verb.
    Withnail & I: Withnail recovering from a hangover:"It feels like a pig's shat in my head..."

Sure it wasn't a pickpocket's distraction technique, quite common here in 'yurp?

12. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

We do have seagulls the size of turkeys around here and cars are daily bombarded by the ungrateful flying rats...[​IMG] Bird crap can attack paint and erode everything worse than coca cola...
    I'll confirm this - I've seen bird (prob. seagull) etch into the windshields of cars, if left there too long.

13. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior member

Buy a lottery ticket; it's said to be "good luck" when that happens.

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

A monthy python question....Was it a German bird or a Polish one coming towork in town?

very important because the all lucky angle will change...

15. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I wonder how is that, if their shit is acid why they don't burn their asses with it [​IMG]