• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Bespoke Shoe Release by J.P. Myhre

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,
As some of you already know, am I on my way to New York in one weeks time. To tease your appetite I am happy to introduce some of my latest creations which has a contemporary expression based on the classic tradition. The Dogleg Derby Brogue is made from Baby Calf, lightly aged/darken with polish. Shellack based transparent finish, Oak Bark tanned 1/4" inch sole, 12 stitches to the inch., bevelled waist. For those of you who still haven´t made up your mind either to visit, or making an appointment, please forward your request by e-mail to receive your invitation, there is still time! Until we meet, enjoy yourself!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
great shoes but i wish you would have post a different pic here to what you did on aaac, shame i am not in new york
frown.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
jan,

beautiful shoes as always. i wish you well on your trip! cheers!

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
The following picture showing also a new style released from my hand these days. It would be interesting to read what you are thinking of, or what kind of emotions occures by the look of it. Art Deco resemblance is the closest I can come up with, what do you guys think?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are certainly interesting and look very well made. Personally, I prefer more classic styling.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jan that is a great looking shoe i like the last shape and the details i just not so keen on the flap of leather at the heel area!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are amazing, I love everything about them. I think from a bespoke perspective....there are things that are not usually seen...thats the point. Beautiful!

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Thank you for your support,
I believe in making new designs, not only to make something new, but try making a better design/improvement, based on the classic tradition. The part which I find better with the two previous designs is the opening and how the Tounge is made slightly broader to increase comfort. Below you see even another style, which isn´t new at all, but the way the ageing is done is quite interesting. Enjoy yourself!

Crust Calf, dyed and aged. 1/4" sole, 12 stitches to the inch. Red lining. Shellack finish to sole edge and heel. Bevelled waist.

seanchai

Reaction score
Oh my God, that shoe is unreal. Mind-blowing...

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are all terrific. Gorgeous.
Is the colour reproduction in the photos accurate?

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I usually hate clogging up fora with the following type of response but:
MY GOSH! They are stunning shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads