1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Bespoke Shoe Release by J.P. Myhre

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by J.P. Myhre, Oct 19, 2006.

1. J.P. Myhre

J.P. Myhre Well-Known Member

Dear Gentlemen,
    As some of you already know, am I on my way to New York in one weeks time. To tease your appetite I am happy to introduce some of my latest creations which has a contemporary expression based on the classic tradition. The Dogleg Derby Brogue is made from Baby Calf, lightly aged/darken with polish. Shellack based transparent finish, Oak Bark tanned 1/4" inch sole, 12 stitches to the inch., bevelled waist. For those of you who still haven´t made up your mind either to visit, or making an appointment, please forward your request by e-mail to receive your invitation, there is still time! Until we meet, enjoy yourself!
    [​IMG]

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

great shoes but i wish you would have post a different pic here to what you did on aaac, shame i am not in new york[​IMG]

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

jan,

beautiful shoes as always. i wish you well on your trip! cheers!

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I especially like the stacked heel which is somewhat higher than most.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

JP one day i will see you and purchase a rtw or bespoke, i am pretty sure both are superlative as it looks in the pictures. nice wholecut style derby!

6. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

7. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

8. J.P. Myhre

The following picture showing also a new style released from my hand these days. It would be interesting to read what you are thinking of, or what kind of emotions occures by the look of it. Art Deco resemblance is the closest I can come up with, what do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

They are certainly interesting and look very well made. Personally, I prefer more classic styling.

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

jan that is a great looking shoe i like the last shape and the details i just not so keen on the flap of leather at the heel area!

11. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Those are amazing, I love everything about them. I think from a bespoke perspective....there are things that are not usually seen...thats the point. Beautiful!

12. J.P. Myhre

Thank you for your support,
    I believe in making new designs, not only to make something new, but try making a better design/improvement, based on the classic tradition. The part which I find better with the two previous designs is the opening and how the Tounge is made slightly broader to increase comfort. Below you see even another style, which isn´t new at all, but the way the ageing is done is quite interesting. Enjoy yourself!

Crust Calf, dyed and aged. 1/4" sole, 12 stitches to the inch. Red lining. Shellack finish to sole edge and heel. Bevelled waist.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

Oh my God, that shoe is unreal. Mind-blowing...

14. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

These are all terrific. Gorgeous.
    Is the colour reproduction in the photos accurate?

15. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

I usually hate clogging up fora with the following type of response but:
    MY GOSH! They are stunning shoes.

16. J.P. Myhre

Gentlemen,
    On my screen the colors are a little bit red. To achieve the correct color your screen must have the correct Gamma settings. Even with the right settings the colors will be different from screen to screen. The only way to see the right colors is of course to visit my presentation next Friday and Saturday. Forward your e-mail to make an appointment, or receiving your invitation.

17. Soph

Soph Senior member

Crust Calf, dyed and aged. 1/4" sole, 12 stitches to the inch. Red lining. Shellack finish to sole edge and heel. Bevelled waist.

[​IMG]

-This last is quite nice. How estimated/much for a bespoke wholecut on this last?

18. minimal

minimal Senior member

YOWZA!!!!!! I need a smilie for "catcall"...

19. J.P. Myhre

Gentlemen,
    Soph, A Wholecut will start at $2.855,- + handling, freight and insurance.
    For those of you who are coming to my presentation on Friday and Saturday in NY, there will be more to see shoewise, but also woolwise. I will bring one of my personal belongings just airborn from Kashmir in India, a stole originally woven for Royalties. It will be interesting to hear your reactions on the quality, it is hard to get even when you now where to get it, because access to the raw material is very rear and limited. The price for this product is higher than most people can ever imagen, because of the reasons explained. The item I will bring is personal and not for sale, but I will gladly receive your requests!

20. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

[​IMG]

-This last is quite nice. How estimated/much for a bespoke wholecut on this last?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]