• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Worried my box will come back to me. if you got it, please let me know? Postage is a *****.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @bert9000 for the box of goodies.

Patagonia and Icebreaker Wool Sweaters

IMG_8483.JPG

Paul & Shark and Adidas x White Mountaineering

IMG_8485.JPG

My personal favorite: Patagonia Venga Rock Climbing Pants (I have a pair of knickers in this style that don't see much use, and I've been pondering the pants for some time, but am averse to paying even discounted retail).

IMG_8486.JPG

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s been about 9 working days now since from I sent my package internationally so I’m a little worried but hopefully will appear in the thread soon!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checked the tracking on my outgoing package, and it appears the trusty ole Amish distribution center sent it East instead of West. It's now sitting in the post office of a small Pennsylvania town near Philly I've never heard of, waiting to be rerouted.

EDIT: Just checked it again, and it must have picked up a flight at the Philly Int Airport, because the update says it's now suddenly in the destination city out West. Thriftmas is saved!!

GM-H

Reaction score
Thank you @Thrift Vader for the amazingly stuffed box full of goodies! I knew right away when the box was delivered who drew me. He really took my love of car racing and ran with it!

First up, a crazy United Colors of Benetton reversible F1 jacket and a awesome Swatch Chrono
IMG_8579.JPG

Next, a Lancia Delta scale model that I cant wait to start building, a Senna Sega game, beer glasses from Subaru's "storied" F1 program and some tuner magazines
IMG_8584.JPG

and finally a ton of snacks and sauces and other goodies to sample!
fullsizeoutput_b22.jpeg

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @Ken P who sent me this handsome package complete with handwritten card and festive tissue paper!

In the box:
Wallace & Barnes LS Tee (love the colour)
J Crew jumper (a little small but will try and make it work)
Tyrwhitt shirt (staple, that will go straight into the work wardrobe)
an IOU for beer (I’ll get booking that Canada trip)
and the best of the lot...
A lovely pair of Allen Edmonds pebble grain long wings that fit perfectly and are much needed right now.

Thanks so much my friend! :fistbump:

Attachments

• 59EB2E00-C563-4A8F-B202-B46E47F41CBE.jpeg
    59EB2E00-C563-4A8F-B202-B46E47F41CBE.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 1E60FECA-4E69-40C7-9064-45C366CFACFF.jpeg
    1E60FECA-4E69-40C7-9064-45C366CFACFF.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 37
  • D4B9A530-C2B4-4BF4-86F0-B53D7AC75201.jpeg
    D4B9A530-C2B4-4BF4-86F0-B53D7AC75201.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 41

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @Ken P who sent me this handsome package complete with handwritten card and festive tissue paper!

In the box:
Wallace & Barnes LS Tee (love the colour)
J Crew jumper (a little small but will try and make it work)
Tyrwhitt shirt (staple, that will go straight into the work wardrobe)
an IOU for beer (I’ll get booking that Canada trip)
and the best of the lot...
A lovely pair of Allen Edmonds pebble grain long wings that fit perfectly and are much needed right now.

Thanks so much my friend! :fistbump:
Glad the shoes fit! It felt risky using half of my allotted 2 Kg on the shoes. I’m serious about the IOU so keep me posted!

I’m told a package arrived at my family’s house back in the states. Just have to wait until the 23rd to open it!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My box arrived. I’m in the UK, had been really careful to give wish list items that might be available in the US, and then got a thriftmas partner in Australia, @California Dreamer! More deets to follow but here is what happened after we collected it...

965C8A5B-D5EE-4A3F-BF62-74A7F157E454.jpeg

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my postlady tells me, "You got a package from Paris, but I didn't bring it." Of course, my response was, "Why not?" She replied, "Damn porch pirates been grabbin' **** off of porches this week in this neighborhood." Great...
Anywho, @florent , thanks a ton! I am waiting until this evening to open it. Nothing like an early present to get me in the spirit of things!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The package I shipped has been delivered, hoping it’s arrived safely and has not been pillaged by porch pirates, or worse a parcel locker looter.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads