• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

68S - the absolute and definitive thread to end all threads.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

In recent weeks, I've seen 36S, 36R, 38S, and 36L get all the love. OK. We get it. Slender, handsome young forvm gents have trouble finding OTR suits that fit.

But have you ever thought about what's it's like being 68S? Humpty Dumpty ain't got **** on guys like us. We're wider than we are tall. At 5'7", 460 pounds, finding anything "proportionate" is a nightmare. Pockets in odd places, lapels that are outrageously thin - a debacle on top of a debacle. Utter fail.

I found one black suit - fused - at CASUAL MALE in rural Wisconsin - and I must wear it everywhere. It's so dark that the pocket placement is barely discernable anyway. But it's beginning to fray, and I need something more.

I flew to Italy. Met with the dashing father and son combo that is Rubinacci - I thought to myself, "Hell, they made Foof look presentable in his 4'6" glory - couldn't they do the same for me?" Nay, they said that their seamstresses would revolt if they had to pattern-match the Glen Urquhart Check Scabal Super 120s I selected (this is to say nothing of the fact that they would have had to charge me double because of the extra length of cloth required for the DB I planned-out). They pointed me to a nice Holland & Sherry with a soft hand - their "Funeral Black" - and said that it would suit my frame best. I sulked and departed...defeated.

Help? Anyone? Are there no 68S's out there who can help a brother out?

Respectfully,
Bull

Macallan9

Reaction score
epic_fail.jpg

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I get moved to "Dumb" - alongside such head-scratchers as "Is engaging in S&M a moral imperative?" and "Can vampires get AIDS?", this will be the worst Father's Day ever. Thanks guys
wink.gif

tom0472

Reaction score
I dont want to sound rude, but have you considered losing weight? Are you actively trying? Perhaps you should hold off until you lose some weight for many reasons.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Gents,

In recent weeks, I've seen 36S, 36R, 38S, and 36L get all the love. OK. We get it. Slender, handsome young forvm gents have trouble finding OTR suits that fit.

But have you ever thought about what's it's like being 68S? Humpty Dumpty ain't got **** on guys like us. We're wider than we are tall. At 5'7", 460 pounds, finding anything "proportionate" is a nightmare. Pockets in odd places, lapels that are outrageously thin - a debacle on top of a debacle. Utter fail.

I found one black suit - fused - at CASUAL MALE in rural Wisconsin - and I must wear it everywhere. It's so dark that the pocket placement is barely discernable anyway. But it's beginning to fray, and I need something more.

I flew to Italy. Met with the dashing father and son combo that is Rubinacci - I thought to myself, "Hell, they made Foof look presentable in his 4'6" glory - couldn't they do the same for me?" Nay, they said that their seamstresses would revolt if they had to pattern-match the Glen Urquhart Check Scabal Super 120s I selected (this is to say nothing of the fact that they would have had to charge me double because of the extra length of cloth required for the DB I planned-out). They pointed me to a nice Holland & Sherry with a soft hand - their "Funeral Black" - and said that it would suit my frame best. I sulked and departed...defeated.

Help? Anyone? Are there no 68S's out there who can help a brother out?

Respectfully,
Bull

I'm sure you have a great inner beauty worth all the Rubinaccis in the world...

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I'm sure you have a great inner beauty worth all the Rubinaccis in the world...

Rubinacci should start a "Rubenesque" line maybe?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Rubinacci should start a "Rubenesque" line maybe?

More a Boticelli line...
laugh.gif

He used to love his ladies with some flesh on them.

dv_indian

Reaction score
Great thread. It's tiresome reading about 36s Jackets and extra extra slim fit shirts. Are these people even real or trying to go with the flow of SF group think imagining themselves to be super slim elves?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv_indian
Are these people even real or trying to go with the flow of SF group think imagining themselves to be super slim elves?

Styleforvm happens to have the largest elf population outside of World of Warcraft. Didn't you know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads