• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best initiation to De Bonne Facture is the 2016 article by @Synthese, who introduced the French brand to much of SF. I've been following DBF since then, and have picked up several shirts and knits. In particular, the Japanese flannel shirts and merino pique knits are luxurious.

In recent news, the SS19 lookbook is up, and here are a few of my favorite fits.

The linen popover looks perfect for summer.
11.jpg

Mmm, more linen.
2.jpg

A little color goes a long way.
8.jpg

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great article, tho i dont think "effetely" was used correctly. but maybe the term is more nuanced then what i know.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous stuff, but retail is on the...high side. There was a lot of dBF in the summer soldes last year, hoping for the same this summer.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was quite a bit on sale this past AW in the US. I think dBF is at that point where shops pick up a lot in anticipation of growing interest that hasn't quite happened yet. So, there is a lot available come sale time. I predict that this will only continue for one or two more seasons.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was quite a bit on sale this past AW in the US. I think dBF is at that point where shops pick up a lot in anticipation of growing interest that hasn't quite happened yet. So, there is a lot available come sale time. I predict that this will only continue for one or two more seasons.

Your a brother in arms Zissou. I love her line. After meeting her, she's cool as hell as well.

asaa1000

Reaction score
Do you mean that stores will stop carrying dbf or items will sell out at full price?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably some of both. A couple shops have already stopped carrying them.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's really awesome how good she looks in her own clothes. Especially considering, you know, she's a female that designs and wears mens clothes.
I want the slouch coat to come back though

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any one have suggestions on some places to pick up DBF in the the NYC area? i've been trying to find some places (outside Unionmade) but it seems like it's all online. i'd really like to visit a store to get feel / try on some items in person.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any one have suggestions on some places to pick up DBF in the the NYC area? i've been trying to find some places (outside Unionmade) but it seems like it's all online. i'd really like to visit a store to get feel / try on some items in person.
Kai D Utility in Brooklyn. I love their store brand, too.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the only retailer in the city that sells it.

bleeh

Reaction score
Spring drop 1 is up!

I was kinda hoping to grab the golf jacket in cinnamon but unfortunately it’s only available in Japan. Oh well.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Spring drop 1 is up!

I was kinda hoping to grab the golf jacket in cinnamon but unfortunately it’s only available in Japan. Oh well.

How do you know what items are only available in Japan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads