• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 pack

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Impulse155
Heres what i would normally eat a day
Tell me if there would be any ways to fix it

Breakfast:
Cereal bar: South beach diet one
never really to hungry

Lunch:
turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread
2 fruits/vegetable usually carrot sticks, bannana, orange, califlower
Low fat chewy garnola bar

Dinner:
Usually a main meal: fish/chicken/steak/pasta etc
Vegetable or 2 (not w/ the pasta unles you consider tomatoes) usually a potatoe/string beans/ asparagas/broccoli/califlower/corn etc...

Usually dont snack inbetween

Critique plz if you would

Everyone's different, so I hate to make general, blanket statements on here, but it might not hurt to up your protein intake and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. You don't really seem to take in many calories. Smaller, more protein dense meals, spaced at frequent intervals during the day, have a tendency to speed up one's metabolism. It's just tough to eat like this if you're a normal person with a full schedule.

Impulse155

Reaction score
yea, right now im basically working on toning myself (the six pack) some shows, not much tho
frown.gif
. ive been doing planks/crunches/leg lifts/inverted crunches/some other weird leg lift/ and bicycle sit ups. still trying to do more, i think the protein would work however its tough, im 16 i dont have that huge of a selection to chosoe from however i try to make the better choices.

ive been eating oranges alot, any ideas on good fruits to snack on?

Valgar

Reaction score
Doing crunches isn't going to give you a 6 pack. You need to eat a 100% clean diet and reduce body fat %... I wouldn't recommend much fruit either because of sugar, you should look more into clean vegetables (not canned).

When lifting, work on compound exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, pullovers, dips, bent over rows, and pull ups.

Umm...really this entire damn thread already said all of that.

unknown force

Reaction score
do you know of any good 100% clean diets? because i'm also trying to tone my body and what not and i have no idea on what kind of foods to eat, all i know is i'm eating the wrong kind.

Impulse155

Reaction score
pretty much, the few things that i have to say, that i wud of done if i had to diet again.

Eat frequent meals

Eat lots of vegetables(much better then fruit)

Excercise alot, cardio, and working out.

Incorporate lots of protein, nuts are great.

alsback

Reaction score
pretty much, the few things that i have to say, that i wud of done if i had to diet again.

Eat frequent meals

Eat lots of vegetables(much better then fruit)

Excercise alot, cardio, and working out.

Incorporate lots of protein, nuts are great.

squating is huge and works the core a lot more than people think(even says so in men's health)...also from first hand, the main abb workout that i did throughout my middle school years which gave me an incredible six pack was leg lifts. You basically lay on the floor either in front of a dresser or something you can put your hands behind you and grab on and then u basically lift your legs up and down. Works excellent. Also a low saturated fat diet with lots of protein and if you can get your hands on Mega Whey GNC brand protein mix, you will notice a difference. it's expensive though so if not just eat a lot. Your only 16 so your metabolism is going to be pretty high and your running a lot, i think you said 5 miles a day which is more than enough than you shouldn't be worrying about calories at all. I'm 17 run track and field and do around 30 miles a week(im a 400 and 800 runner) and go to the gym and workout a lot and don't really find myself having to watch calories to maintain a really toned body. Everyone's genetics are different though so it's hard to say do this and that and it's fine, everybody is different so you justh have to stick with what works for your body. Also don't fall into the thing of undereating and getting a six pack from being too skinny. That isn't the way to do it, your better off getting bigger first by non stop eating then take a few weeks of cardio and burning the fat right off. Hope I helped if you have anymore questions just hit me up.

Valgar

Reaction score
I don't even bother with ab workouts. You should be getting more than enough doing core exercises like squats, deadlifts, ect...

alsback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valgar
I don't even bother with ab workouts. You should be getting more than enough doing core exercises like squats, deadlifts, ect...

well if you want really cut abs than doing ab specific workouts are good but your right it isn't needed but it won't hurt doing extra.

Impulse155

Reaction score
yea so.. ppl have been saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" So if i consume protein and work out, will i still be able to get a 6 pack" (working out like... 1-2 days a week.).

unknown force

Reaction score
you guy's keep talking about these 100% clean diets that are created to target losing body fat. does anyone have a diet plan that i can use? i'm willing to eat anything! it's just i'm new to the whole diet planning and don't know exactly where to look

Impulse155

Reaction score
there are no general diet plans that will work for every person, u gotta play around and find things that work for you. thats wut i did. and can anyone answer my question about the ab thingy.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea so.. ppl have been saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" So if i consume protein and work out, will i still be able to get a 6 pack" (working out like... 1-2 days a week.).

working out 1-2 days a week sounds a bit low.

Impulse155

Reaction score
yea thats wut i thought, just wanted sum imput tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics