• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 Nations Rugby

Dewi

Reaction score
Starts in a few hours with a lovely grudge match. Anyone bothered by this, other than me and potentially edina?

3xSDak3nf2emoticon.gif

Hoping and praying that Wales win this match, but with the injuries and line-up shuffle, it's not looking likely.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewi
Starts in a few hours with a lovely grudge match. Anyone bothered by this, other than me and potentially edina?

3xSDak3nf2emoticon.gif

Hoping and praying that Wales win this match, but with the injuries and line-up shuffle, it's not looking likely.

Wales has always had an uphill battle. I might sneak a peak during my lunch break.

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Wales has always had an uphill battle. I might sneak a peak during my lunch break.

I'm bailing on work just after lunch and heading to what passes for a pub here, so I can watch all of it. I missed one match last year, the Scotland match, and I was frozen into my driveway for that one. Had to listen to it on the radio, and that's just not the same.

We haven't been all that great since I've been alive, but we were bloody good at one point. Of course, that was before union became professional, so yeah. It seems to be feast or famine for us lately, as we seem to win the Grand Slam, or take home the Wooden Spoon.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Wales have the better record against England in rugby union internationals (54 wins to Wales, 53 to England and 12 draws).

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Wales have the better record against England in rugby union internationals (54 wins to Wales, 53 to England and 12 draws).

Actually, presuming you're pulling that from Wikipedia, it's not correct. England are the only Northern Hemisphere team that we have a losing record against, 53-54-12. If we win today
pray3.gif
, then we at least bring the record to even, which we will hopefully tip in our advantage either in New Zealand, or at Twickers next year.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewi
Actually, presuming you're pulling that from Wikipedia, it's not correct. England are the only Northern Hemisphere team that we have a losing record against, 53-54-12. If we win today
pray3.gif
, then we at least bring the record to even, which we will hopefully tip in our advantage either in New Zealand, or at Twickers next year.

Busted! Was from wiki, I know it's always been close though.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Wales lost, serves them right with their coach running his mouth like that!

Anyway, let's be honest.. 6 nations is like a 3rd division with the exception of the occasional Scotland over Sth Africa upset. The gap between between Southern and Northern hemisphere is widening by the season.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Agree with you jayvee but sadly the Wallabies were fucked over by the English last year but destroying the pride of French Rugby made up a bit. As antipodean I am glad its on cable this year had a gut full of cricket and the heat for that matter. The replay is on at 10pm so I will stay up and watch it.

Here in Canberra the Super Rugby season starts on the 19th my son and I have season tickets and it should be a good season.

And aside from the Six Nations, Tri Nations and the Super Rugby its World Cup time at the end of the year.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
The gap between between Southern and Northern hemisphere is widening by the season.

Yes. And Argentina is only getting better.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched till half time the Wales England game. Pity Wales didn't capitalise on their chances while the English did. The Scotts French game result was predictable but the Italy 11-Ireland 13 is worth a look at the replay this afternoon. Haven't read any match reports yet. Ireland France could be the pick of the next round, might stay up and watch it live.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should we make a separate Super 15 thread or incorporate to this one?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Should we make a separate Super 15 thread or incorporate to this one?

Separate.

Go the Tahs!

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
I watched till half time the Wales England game. Pity Wales didn't capitalise on their chances while the English did.

Frustrating as hell that was. All Wales could manage with a man advantage was a penalty. Terrible kicking, especially in sight of the try line. Although, perhaps Andy Powell has played his last match for Wales. I can only hope so.

The Scotts French game result was predictable but the Italy 11-Ireland 13 is worth a look at the replay this afternoon.

I still don't know why anyone thought Scotland had a chance in this one. It's like they play the 6 Nations off the same script that Notre Dame play football.

My jaw dropped when I saw the score of the Italy-Ireland match. What the hell happened?

Haven't read any match reports yet. Ireland France could be the pick of the next round, might stay up and watch it live.

Wales-Scotland could be an interesting match of suckitude. Especially with the Welsh try scorer out with a broken hand.
baldy[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads