• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Action figure (in Vader's words "a daily reminder that our group of friends is worldwide) which now has a place of honor on my office windowsill:

THANKS AGAIN VADER AND MERRY THRIFTSMAS!

What a terrible view your office has. You should move.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hooker, you got the selvedge blazer... Shiiiiet I'm jelly. Vader is a stand up guy.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Glad you liked it. Shopping for the guy who has everything was a challenge.

But that toy robot is not just any robot.

it's a miniature replica of the life size Gundam in Odaiba, Tokyo.
a piece of Tokyo in New York. :cheers: awesome picture. that made my day.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad you liked it. Shopping for the guy who has everything was a challenge.

But that toy robot is not just any robot.

it's a miniature replica of the life size Gundam in Odaiba, Tokyo.
a piece of Tokyo in New York. :cheers: awesome picture. that made my day.

You're making me miss Japan....

Last edited:

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Vader well played. Speaking of the guy who has everything try figuring out what to get spoo! That was quite the challenge!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for Vader...

Doomsticks

Reaction score
So, very late and horrible picture, but I cant wait anymore! Here's the thriftmasgift I recieved from @thebuddahman

club monaco and howies poloshirts, oliver spencer henley, topman sweater and a William Hunt longsleeve polo. I dont really wear shortsleeved polos or stripes, but the Hunt ls and the sweater is getting some wear! The Jacket is from a brand Ive never heard of before and my man buddah thought it wise to add an article about the brand, very interesting reading! The jacket is awesome and fits me perfectly, Ill give you a fitpic when its not freezing outside.
Thx alot man!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
This year, I was lucky enough to have @1ofTheCoolKids as my Saint Thriftmas. And I couldn't be more Amazed with his kindness.
He sent this box 3 times!!! which would have cost so much. but he persisted. and i am grateful. a true scholar and gentleman of the thread.

This G-star work jacket. Absolutely love the details of it. The zipper, the cuffs, all of it. As far as modern stuff goes, G-star is darned good.
And this shirt from G-star, in a heavy cotton.

Really nice shirt.
He knows I love Timberland boots. So he hooked me up with these Timbs shoes.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

He threw in a collection of some scarves for @MrsVader.

And, to step up and do something awesome?
This Mickey Mouse. From Fantasia. for @Lil' Vader

Fantastic box yet again this year. And I look forward to the next event.
smile.gif

and if you haven't interacted with @1ofTheCoolKids yet? i suggest you do. he is imbued with Swag. a true Jedi.
also a very nice Dude. Thanks. love it.

Last edited:

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, very late and horrible picture, but I cant wait anymore! Here's the thriftmasgift I recieved from @thebuddahman club monaco and howies poloshirts, oliver spencer henley, topman sweater and a William Hunt longsleeve polo. I dont really wear shortsleeved polos or stripes, but the Hunt ls and the sweater is getting some wear! The Jacket is from a brand Ive never heard of before and my man buddah thought it wise to add an article about the brand, very interesting reading! The jacket is awesome and fits me perfectly, Ill give you a fitpic when its not freezing outside. Thx alot man!
Glad you like it my friend! Enjoy :slayer:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An awesome surprise arrived today. It got caught in shipping limbo en route to the U.S., but it was worth the wait! Thanks @HansderHund
Big thanks to @HansderHund for a great Thriftmas surprise. Not only did he come through with an awesome, thoughtful bevy of gifts, but when the package got lost in the mail he spent a ton of time tracking it down and making sure it eventually reached me.

awesome floral shirt w/ mother of pearl buttons ... I could see this working equally well with Engineered Garments or Dries Van Noten:
IMG_7898_zpsghsuwym8.jpg

really nice foulard tie, wearing it today:
IMG_7917_zps6hweis6z.jpg

love this:
IMG_7906_zpsszme9tbt.jpg

assorted tasty treats and goodies ... they held up surprisingly well on their long journey to the States!
IMG_7923_zpsfbnw5c3b.jpg

IMG_7915_zpsx02xtnjj.jpg

OElmuehle-Esterer-Steirisches-Kuerbiskernoel-250-ml_zps17gtl2h0.jpg

Thanks again, @HansderHund !

Last edited:

namdaemun

Reaction score
An awesome surprise arrived today. It got caught in shipping limbo en route to the U.S., but it was worth the wait! Thanks @HansderHund
HansderHund is one of the coolest dudes on this forum. Him and his wife are awesome people!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads