• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5th and Lamar Super-Slim Fit Dress Shirts?

cruxisfalcon

Reaction score
To answer my own question a few months later...

I ordered one of their shirts and just received it in the mail. Overall, I'd say it's a pretty good shirt, with by far the slimmest OTR fit I've ever experienced. The fabric is alright - nice feel, fairly soft, but rather translucent. This may be because I ordered their lowest priced offering though. At any rate, it's much better than the fabric Express uses for their 1MX extra-slim shirts and comparable to Nordstrom's Calibrate shirts.

Fit is incredibly slim. I ordered a Medium (I'm about 6'1, 150 lbs, and wear a 15.5/34.5) and at first I thought that I wouldn't be able to fit in the shirt. When I got it buttoned up and tucked in, however, it was as close to perfect as I've gotten from a ready made shirt. No "muffin top" at all and decently fitting shoulders and arms as well. A couple of nitpicks though: I felt that the sleeves could have been slimmed down a bit more with higher armholes. In addition, the collar was a little big for my tastes (although I personally like my collars to be on the smaller side).

I haven't washed/dryed/ironed it yet, so I can't comment on longevity. Overall though, they're definitely worth a try and a much better buy than your standard Banana Republic/Express/J. Crew dress shirts.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a shirt from them. While the cut certainly is slimmer than most OTR, it wasn't as slim as I'd hoped.

Also, the quality is pretty atrocious. I purchased my shirt a year ago so I don't know if their quality has changed since then, but after less than 5 washes, the threads are starting to loosen/unravel and the overall feel of the shirt just feels cheap now.

cruxisfalcon

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get a pic up sometime.

I'm on the slimmer side and it fits me well, but I can see how some people (judging by pictures and measurements people post on here) may want something slimmer. That's unsettling about the quality though. Which "level" (for lack of a better word) shirt did you get? It looks like they have shirts available at $48, $68, and $98 on their site. If I had a $98 shirt falling apart on me, I'd be seriously pissed.

biged781

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get a pic up sometime.

I'm on the slimmer side and it fits me well, but I can see how some people (judging by pictures and measurements people post on here) may want something slimmer. That's unsettling about the quality though. Which "level" (for lack of a better word) shirt did you get? It looks like they have shirts available at $48, $68, and $98 on their site. If I had a $98 shirt falling apart on me, I'd be seriously pissed.

So, I realize that this is a necro, but since reviews may be useful for future visitors I figured it would be ok.

I ordered two pieces from 5th and lamar; a dress shirt ("tucker") and a sweater. The fit on the shirt was good for me, not super slim, but had a nice tailored look around the midsection (I am 5"11 175, broad shouldered, slim waist, normally a 16 34). However, the *first* day I was going to wear the shirt a button on the cuff came right off as I was fastening it. I barely touched the thing and it just slipped right off.

This was one of their high end shirts (only $98, so not really high end, but still). Looking at the other buttons I realized that they were in pretty much the same condition. The sweater was too large even though I used their sizing chart. Large in the shirt was right for me, but I needed a medium in the sweater.

I will say that their customer service is really good. They swapped my sweater for a medium (that I am happy with) and I returned the shirt. They mentioned that they had recent issues with their button stitching, but I wasn't chancing it. The threads per inch looked low as well. I can't recommend their shirts at all, the quality is sub par. The sweater seems like a good value at $68 though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads