• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EPxStyleforum Jean has arrived

Sabrosa

Reaction score
My Resin LDB in size 29 ended up being a bit too big (especially in the waist) after stretching. Even after a hot wash and dry they stretch back out a bit too much for my liking. Considering that the SF jeans are raw and that I will eventually wash them, should I go for a size 28, or try a 29 again?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
My Resin LDB in size 29 ended up being a bit too big (especially in the waist) after stretching. Even after a hot wash and dry they stretch back out a bit too much for my liking. Considering that the SF jeans are raw and that I will eventually wash them, should I go for a size 28, or try a 29 again?
Depends: are you planning on wearing them in a Central American country any time soon?

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
The thighs aren't very tight at all which makes me wonder why people are sizing up considering bigger sizes have relatively big leg openings.
Yeah, I'm wondering that, too. The upper thigh measurement of the 30 is the same as that of some old jeans I have in a 31, which really isn't all that slim (the knee is a different story, of course). The other thing is that if you don't plan on slouching them too much (and I don't), the waist and seat measurements are relatively ample, before stretching.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
blank- if you're concerned about a small calf/leg opening, just get true to size or possibly size up. There are measurements in the other threads of sizes 28-36. The top block is relatively loose for a pair of almost skinny jeans so i wouldn't worry about that, it's mainly about lower leg/hem preference. Note though that sauces hem looks really tiny because it's a size 30. If you're a size 32, it's going to be a full inch bigger around.

counterentor- That's what i'm worried about. I'm generally between 31 and 32 and don't want my pair of 32s to be kinda loose after some wear and stretching with the lower legs being that slim. My apc old cures are kinda like that and it's an ok look, but i'd prefer the top a bit slimmer. I'm almost considering getting a pair of 31s (which is only a half size down) as the leg opening still will be in the range i like, 7.5-8". The slimness should be more uniform i think. I might wait to see some more pics though and hope there are some left.

sabrosa- I can't believe i never noticed that you're from gainesville. The only raw jeans i've ever seen in gainesville is an annoying hipster(the correct definition) looking guy with a pair of nudies, dunks and a ugly tshirt

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Measurements for the 36x34 (note: Denim Bar is out of 36s)

My measurements (can't guarantee these are taken in exactly the same manner as the official measurements)
Waist lying flat--a hair under 18"
Thigh at crotch--12
Leg opening--8.25
inseam--a hair under 34

wow, that's gonna be tight on me. I usually wear a 36, but my thighs are 24-25 inches.... we're talking nearly skin-tight jeans.....

bsyde82

Reaction score
blank- if you're concerned about a small calf/leg opening, just get true to size or possibly size up. There are measurements in the other threads of sizes 28-36. The top block is relatively loose for a pair of almost skinny jeans so i wouldn't worry about that, it's mainly about lower leg/hem preference. Note though that sauces hem looks really tiny because it's a size 30. If you're a size 32, it's going to be a full inch bigger around.

counterentor- That's what i'm worried about. I'm generally between 31 and 32 and don't want my pair of 32s to be kinda loose after some wear and stretching with the lower legs being that slim. My apc old cures are kinda like that and it's an ok look, but i'd prefer the top a bit slimmer. I'm almost considering getting a pair of 31s (which is only a half size down) as the leg opening still will be in the range i like, 7.5-8". The slimness should be more uniform i think. I might wait to see some more pics though and hope there are some left.

sabrosa- I can't believe i never noticed that you're from gainesville. The only raw jeans i've ever seen in gainesville is an annoying hipster(the correct definition) looking guy with a pair of nudies, dunks and a ugly tshirt

I keep reading that the top block is fairly loose....

how loose exactly is it? so if you don't have a full ass, is it gonna be too baggy up top? im slightly concerned now after purchasing a pair of 30s...because i feel like my kicking mule 1980s are a little too loose in the top area....i prefer something more snug ala the PBJs, with exception to the crotch area of course

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm the same way bsyde82. I mean, the measurements are in the other thread if you wanted to look at them. I was going by sauce's and shore's fit pics and the thigh measurements. I hope LA guy doesn't mind me leeching his measurement chart. Just saving him the trouble as people are going to ask for it.
picture22sb9.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
I keep reading that the top block is fairly loose....

how loose exactly is it? so if you don't have a full ass, is it gonna be too baggy up top? im slightly concerned now after purchasing a pair of 30s...because i feel like my kicking mule 1980s are a little too loose in the top area....i prefer something more snug ala the PBJs, with exception to the crotch area of course

For reference, my size 28 New Standards were looser in the top block than the size 30 5EPxSFs, but the 5EPs were definitely looser in the top block than my PBJs.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright...I will buy a 32 right now...do we just blindly paypal mauro and say "i want a 32, ship to this address?"

and fyi, if they aren't for me and i resell, it will be at cost, only to esteemed styleforum members (no 20 post junk)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I hope LA guy doesn't mind me leeching his measurement chart.
picture22sb9.jpg

Actually that's my measurement chart that I purloined from evilgeniusdan.

We're going splitzies on the profits, right, evil?

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Alright...I will buy a 32 right now...do we just blindly paypal mauro and say "i want a 32, ship to this address?"

and fyi, if they aren't for me and i resell, it will be at cost, only to esteemed styleforum members (no 20 post junk)

hmm... i'll be sure to keep an eye out for this.

Good, who. Now i don't feel so bad. Doesn't surprise me EGD got there first.

USA!USA!USA!

cmyr

Reaction score
sauce, you were wearing the 30s in the photo thread and you mentioned later that you were going to size up... is that to the 30 or to a 31? Would the 30s not work that well for you slouched?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmyr
sauce, you were wearing the 30s in the photo thread and you mentioned later that you were going to size up... is that to the 30 or to a 31? Would the 30s not work that well for you slouched?

Sauce and I both like out jeans a touch looser, is all (although Sauce is apparently skinnier than I am these days.) As you see from the pics, the size 30 actually fit him well. It's a matter of personal preference, really. YMMV.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Actually that's my measurement chart that I purloined from evilgeniusdan.

We're going splitzies on the profits, right, evil?

Er... all posters on Styleforum grant implicit permission for use of all posted material, whether in part or in the entirety, to Styleforum and its agents?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads