5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

This would be amazing. Except I'd like it slimmer in the thighs than most people here would want.

2. seachange1982

seachange1982 Member

fantastic idea. I'd take a size 31 for 5EP, i'm normally a 32 waist kind of guy. fit-wise, I own the low down boot and really enjoy it, the fabric, the fit, detail and all. To me the styleforum exclusive 5EP would be nice with the LDB cut and...say, sans the leather "patch" on the back...double or triple stitch on the side and crotch reinforcement(a la some rag&bone)....slash pocket and a slightly bigger/longer back pocket for some visual twist. So now we get the best (or somewhere near the best) of fit, hardware, stitch work and of course denim material. I also wonder how it'd be if the SF exclusive 5EP is made of 17 or 19 oz denim....the ones available now are quite durable already... oh, and some subtle styleforum reference somewhere would be nice too[​IMG]

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Specs for a 32: Just a suggestion..I'm in. Waist - 34". Front Rise - 10 1/2". Back Rise - 15". Hip 8" down from T.O.waistband - 20 1/4". Thigh 1" from Crotch - 12". Half measure Knee 15" from crotch - 8". Half measure Leg Opening - 16". [​IMG] P.S. 19oz denim..that would be....lovely. Can we have plaid pocketing also?

4. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

how does 5ep run ? slightly large?

5. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

how does 5ep run ? slightly large?
    Mine are pretty tts, maybe a touch on the large size. I think some of the older ones ran larger.

6. Valgar

Valgar Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see some contrast stitching on the crotch. Mid-low front rise and shorten the back rise.

7. Analog

Analog Well-Known Member

I would prefer a one wash - raw is too much work.

One wash
    9.5" rise
    16.5" knee
    16.5" hem
    Button fly

8. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

5epX dior 19cm
    raw
    leather patch with 5ep and sf limited run numbering
    crimson red buttons for fly and waist saying styleforum or some shit
    also the pockets inside should be dyed indigo ..idk maybe that would creat4e problems but id be pretty sweet at the saem time

edit..throw in a bucnh of hidden rivets too

also, maybe a cinch?
    maybe...

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Interesting ideas, keep them coming [​IMG]

10. atroopan

atroopan Senior member

Would prefer a touch of lycra to hug better :)

Flame away !

I have the 33/32 low down resin boot and fits well. A hint of lycra may give a better fit in a lower size even.

troop

11. Ott

Ott Senior member

oversized/lined pockets ala Rag & Bone

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I chose a size 31 in the poll although I'm a true 32. I think I'd still size down an inch from whatever's the real measurement to account for stretch and for a slimmer fit.

Hidden rivets. I'd also like some different stitching while keeping the back pockets plain, say front pockets with blue stitching, rear with maroon ala SF's colors. Inseams/crotch/etc could remain the standard orange/gold. Perhaps "SF" stitched in the coin pocket the way "rb" is stitched on the rear right. Not sure what I'd do exactly but I'd like the pocket linings to be something interesting, say a map, a flag, etc. Hell, maybe go nuts and make the back pockets square/flat instead of pointed tips. Essentially I'd want this bitch to be different from anything else I own or could own.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'd like a minimalist jean with the same sort of details that 5EP always has, but maybe with light blue stitching, so it's stealth but still not the same color as the jean. I'm very cool with a slim fit low rise cut.

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Specs for a 32: Just a suggestion..I'm in. Waist - 34". Front Rise - 10 1/2". Back Rise - 15". Hip 8" down from T.O.waistband - 20 1/4". Thigh 1" from Crotch - 12". Half measure Knee 15" from crotch - 8". Half measure Leg Opening - 16". [​IMG] P.S. 19oz denim..that would be....lovely. Can we have plaid pocketing also?
    NO!!! Why not make them just run true to size? Why the confusion? I voted 34, but my low down boots are labeled 33 and measure 35.5, so I hardly ever wear them. I want a true 34, whatever size that is. I also love the traditional 5ep denim. No 19 oz for me - way too heavy. If I could get the raw 5ep denim in a a simple slim cut similar to the Ande Whall Grifter or the Flat Head 3001 but with the 5ep construction details and awesome accurate and patch, I'm in. No doubt. Just to reiterate - I think 5ep have the best accurate and patch of any modern jean, bar none. So subtle, but with the nod to mod fashion with the arrows. Those have to be preserved at all cost.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Rye, you're out of your fuckin tree. Leg opening on a 34 needs to be around 17.5 or 18.

No tacky SF initials, just maybe white/black/blue stitch instead or perhaps different buttons (red or gold) on the fly I don't know. Pointless to make them like diors, just buy diors. A little slimmer in the thigh but by no means slim.