1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Valgar

Valgar Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see some contrast stitching on the crotch. Mid-low front rise and shorten the back rise.

2. Analog

Analog Well-Known Member

I would prefer a one wash - raw is too much work.

One wash
    9.5" rise
    16.5" knee
    16.5" hem
    Button fly

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

5epX dior 19cm
    raw
    leather patch with 5ep and sf limited run numbering
    crimson red buttons for fly and waist saying styleforum or some shit
    also the pockets inside should be dyed indigo ..idk maybe that would creat4e problems but id be pretty sweet at the saem time

edit..throw in a bucnh of hidden rivets too

also, maybe a cinch?
    maybe...

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Interesting ideas, keep them coming [​IMG]

5. atroopan

atroopan Well-Known Member

Would prefer a touch of lycra to hug better :)

Flame away !

I have the 33/32 low down resin boot and fits well. A hint of lycra may give a better fit in a lower size even.

troop

6. Ott

Ott Well-Known Member

oversized/lined pockets ala Rag & Bone

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I chose a size 31 in the poll although I'm a true 32. I think I'd still size down an inch from whatever's the real measurement to account for stretch and for a slimmer fit.

Hidden rivets. I'd also like some different stitching while keeping the back pockets plain, say front pockets with blue stitching, rear with maroon ala SF's colors. Inseams/crotch/etc could remain the standard orange/gold. Perhaps "SF" stitched in the coin pocket the way "rb" is stitched on the rear right. Not sure what I'd do exactly but I'd like the pocket linings to be something interesting, say a map, a flag, etc. Hell, maybe go nuts and make the back pockets square/flat instead of pointed tips. Essentially I'd want this bitch to be different from anything else I own or could own.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I'd like a minimalist jean with the same sort of details that 5EP always has, but maybe with light blue stitching, so it's stealth but still not the same color as the jean. I'm very cool with a slim fit low rise cut.

9. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Specs for a 32: Just a suggestion..I'm in. Waist - 34". Front Rise - 10 1/2". Back Rise - 15". Hip 8" down from T.O.waistband - 20 1/4". Thigh 1" from Crotch - 12". Half measure Knee 15" from crotch - 8". Half measure Leg Opening - 16". [​IMG] P.S. 19oz denim..that would be....lovely. Can we have plaid pocketing also?
    NO!!! Why not make them just run true to size? Why the confusion? I voted 34, but my low down boots are labeled 33 and measure 35.5, so I hardly ever wear them. I want a true 34, whatever size that is. I also love the traditional 5ep denim. No 19 oz for me - way too heavy. If I could get the raw 5ep denim in a a simple slim cut similar to the Ande Whall Grifter or the Flat Head 3001 but with the 5ep construction details and awesome accurate and patch, I'm in. No doubt. Just to reiterate - I think 5ep have the best accurate and patch of any modern jean, bar none. So subtle, but with the nod to mod fashion with the arrows. Those have to be preserved at all cost.

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Rye, you're out of your fuckin tree. Leg opening on a 34 needs to be around 17.5 or 18.

No tacky SF initials, just maybe white/black/blue stitch instead or perhaps different buttons (red or gold) on the fly I don't know. Pointless to make them like diors, just buy diors. A little slimmer in the thigh but by no means slim.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Rye, you're out of your fuckin tree. Leg opening on a 34 needs to be around 17.5 or 18.

No tacky SF initials, just maybe white/black/blue stitch instead or perhaps different buttons (red or gold) on the fly I don't know. Pointless to make them like diors, just buy diors. A little slimmer in the thigh but by no means slim.

Why not just buy regular 5EP boots then?

I think 17" leg opening is about right, 16" is probably a bit on the small side. For a 34, maybe 10" rise, 35" waist stretching to 36-36.5" or so.

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

13. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

I've had the 5ep boot and i would say slightly lower front and back rise, slightly slimmer thighs, straight from the knee down, smaller back pockets, and less deep front pockets. Everything else is great : the denim, hidden rivets

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Must be button fly.

15. v84

v84 Well-Known Member

id like the hem to be less than 8inches wide on a 30 or less.

16. wq1999

wq1999 Well-Known Member

Longer inseam, like a true 34 inches.

17. phooi

phooi Well-Known Member

I don't own a pair yet but would definitely be interested in a custom pair. The only thing I'd want is that it would be simple, yet unique. I'm not a big fan of the back pocket stitching. To that end, I think having some sort of unique stitch color would be awesome.

18. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

Shit and shit. I just pre-ordered two pairs of the new KMWs.

/wrists

19. Nick M

Nick M Well-Known Member

Could they do a 30 inseam?

20. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

I'm a 34x34 in most pants, but I don't know how that translates to 5EP.

EDIT - if this is one of those pairs of jeans that you have to buy with a smaller waist size and stretch out, than move one vote out of the 34 column and put it in 33 or 32 based on how much they will stretch.