5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I think godmother listened to what we had to say and Fok has his pulse on the forum so you guys should really like the finished product.

2. Godmother

Godmother Senior member

Okay....since you are all " made men " I can reveal my identity...my name is drum roll please...Christine....my close friends call me Xie. Yeah, there's a story here. Which I will one day share. But, understand, at the risk of being a " former person "...if you get my drift...that being in possession of such information as this story might reveal, means that you are now sworn to partake of DENIMAFIA

< = > 5EP

" And what is that exactly ? " you might ask.

And I might answer:

Less than is equal to greater than with 5 Easy Pieces "

Got that ?

So one piece in work...4 to go

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

What up Chris

4. Garage/Surf Rock

Garage/Surf Rock Senior member

5. Godmother

Godmother Senior member

Been reading all the questions / comments about fit and sizing. I hope this will help

The LOW DOWN SLIM-RIGID ( LDS-RD ) is a modified 5EP LowDownBoot - Button Fly. Slightly Lower rise ( similar to APC NS ) - Reduced SEAT ( slimmer back seat area ). Slimmed Thigh ( due to slimmer seat ) and Straight Leg ( Knee / Leg opening same ) * Does not tapers as APC-NS

SIZING - Please note, current stock 5EP RIGID jeans are larger then size marked by about +1" ( about one size bigger ). This was intentinally done based on calculated shrinkage after home laundering. HOWEVER the New LDS-RD will be sized as marked on jean. Meaning a 32 will be the same as ONE WASH jean. So if you want to rock your jean and never wash it, pick the size you normally wear in a washed style. If you plan to wash the New LDS-RD - We suggest you buy ONE SIZE up. The denim stretches a bit, but not too much. So if you are currenly safisfied with your current 5EP RIGIDS - Assume they are one size bigger then marked ( providing you have not washed it ). This should help you when ordering the new Jean. Also keep in mind the body block is a bit slimmer..so may be best to size up.

Surfice to say we took all your comments and suggestions into account to give us a starting point. You spoke and Godmother has heard you requests.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I gotta go find a pair of 5EP rigids to try on :p

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Ok, I'll be the dork and ask: how can you NEVER wash a pair of jeans? I mean, a few, six months maybe, okay. But I don't think I can NEVER wash them...

And, once they are washed, (how much) will they stretch back out? How bad would it be in terms of getting a great fade to rinse them/shrink them and then go six months?

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Ok, I'll be the dork and ask: how can you NEVER wash a pair of jeans? I mean, a few, six months maybe, okay. But I don't think I can NEVER wash them...

And, once they are washed, (how much) will they stretch back out? How bad would it be in terms of getting a great fade to rinse them/shrink them and then go six months?

Raw sanforized denim typically stretches back out to where it was before you washed it.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have washed my rigid LDB about 5 times over the course of 10 months or so (yeah, I don't follow rules). All cold soaks, and once, a cold wash. The jeans shrank a 1/2" in the waist, and about 1" in the inseam, over the entire course of these 5 washes. The majority of the shrinkage occurred when I dried them with a blow dryer (I was in hurry, packing for a trip).

The moral of the story is that shrinkage is minimal if you use cold washes only. In a hot wash, you are going to get more shrinkage, maybe an inch in all dimensions. They are not difficult to stretch back out though.

10. hermes

hermes Senior member

j-

i have a pair of helmut lang raw denim jeans that are 7 years old and i have never washed them!

they don't smell, they've never been dry cleaned although they have gone into the dryer on low with a fabric sheet to freshen them up about three times and i have also steamed them a few times to freshen them up but mostly i just hang them outside in the fresh air

mind you, i don't get nearly as much wear on jeans as you guys do as i wear a suit and tie everyday so that has likely helped over the years

i guess i'm at a point with them that it's been this long without washing, why bother now ......

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

j-

i have a pair of helmut lang raw denim jeans that are 7 years old and i have never washed them!

they don't smell, they've never been dry cleaned although they have gone into the dryer on low with a fabric sheet to freshen them up about three times and i have also steamed them a few times to freshen them up but mostly i just hang them outside in the fresh air

mind you, i don't get nearly as much wear on jeans as you guys do as i wear a suit and tie everyday so that has likely helped over the years

i guess i'm at a point with them that it's been this long without washing, why bother now ......

+1

I have never washed a pair of raw/dry denim, ever. All of mine are aired out constantly, usually inside, outside if necessary, and appear perfectly normal with no odors of any kind.

12. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Okay, now I want to change my vote to a size 29.

13. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

I don't know if that is true. In any case, Styleforum will match Denim Bar's price. Between Styleforum and Denim Bar, we will have 95 pieces, total. The rest (of the total of 150 pieces cut) will be found on the shelves at Oak and Uncle Otis, with 5EP selling some pieces online.

God I hope you're putting a few aside for those who don't live state side [​IMG]

--Wade_[​IMG]

14. Godmother

Godmother Senior member

5EP will have the new 5EP StyleForum jean on our Webiste www.5EP.com, as well as Denimbar. Make sure you vote your size / inseam.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I voted 34 orignally, but I will probably buy a 33. My LDB rigids size 33 are a full size too big for me after several washes, so based on what you say, I'll take a 33 in the Styleforum cut for the fit I'm looking for.