• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x Styleforum collaboration jeans: Pictures

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
5EP x SF: Measurements\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...FPfpN2YPb2kCZg
Just compared these measurements to my new standards. I reckon if i size up 1 to a 32" waist on the 5ep they will be the same as my new standards in a 29"waist from the knee down, on the waist and the back / front rise. The difference is the 5ep will be slightly bigger on the thighs and the seat. I reckon i'll stick true to size (31") and let them stretch if they need to.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
Sauce, if you don't mind can you post up your waist (where your jeans sit), thigh and calve measurements at there widest point. I think this will help me and maybe others choose there size.

Alright, waist/hips where the jeans are sitting in the pics, 31.5"; thighs where they're largest, 22", which is smaller than the last time I measured, actually; calves at the largest, 14.5" (you can see why I think the cut is so slim from the knee down).

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Alright, waist/hips where the jeans are sitting in the pics, 31.5"; thighs where they're largest, 22", which is smaller than the last time I measured, actually; calves at the largest, 14.5" (you can see why I think the cut is so slim from the knee down).

Thanks Sauce ! I just sent you a pm.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously disappointed in those. They look just like a Julian Red Cali. I think the fit of the LDB are a billion times better.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
I'm seriously disappointed in those. They look just like a Julian Red Cali. I think the fit of the LDB are a billion times better.

musicboohoo[1].gif

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
While the LDB good on you, they look like **** on me. While these (according to the measurements) will look good on me, they may not flatter your body type. Let's all be happy that we have at least one cut of 5EP denim that works for us both
smile.gif

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
While the LDB good on you, they look like **** on me. While these (according to the measurements) will look good on me, they may not flatter your body type. Let's all be happy that we have at least one cut of 5EP denim that works for us both
smile.gif

Alright, after reading sauces description I can see that he wants to size up 1. I thought they looked a little small. So, actually now that I've been visualizing these sized up, they'll probably look very good sized up 1 or even 2 on some people.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. It's considerably slimmer than the LDB so it might seem a bit off-putting to those who are used to that cut. But keep in mind that Sauce is also wearing a small size (30) and the jean gets less slim pretty rapidly as the tag size increases.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
EGD makes a good point for people complaining about the leg opening and skinniness. Sauce's are a size 30 and the leg opening is 14.75", if you're a size 34, it's going to be 16.75". Those 2 inches will make a big difference. The thighs don't look skinny at all and i almost wish they were a bit slimmer. The only issue for some people is the leg opening/calves but that issue should be solved by your larger size. Just a thought for some people. For a size 32, the leg opening will be perfect for me. I'm almost thinking of getting a size 31 to slim the thighs up a bit and prepare for stretching as i'm in between a 31 and a 32 in jeans and the waist is relatively large for the rise not being super low (like how somets are 2inches bigger in the waist but their rise is 8.75" which is superlow)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm still undecided on what size to order. My waist size is exactly 34" now but I am wondering if the 34 will be too slim on my calves. Sauce, do you think they are considerably slimmer than PBJ from the thigh down? How about in the waist, size for size? The PBJ in 36 is just about right in the top block before much stretching.

Wade M

Reaction score
Itchy Trigger Finger, is Itchy. Let me pull the trigger dammit, these things are teh sex0r!

--Wade

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Sauce- Can I get a PBJ 005 comparison?

Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Hmm... I'm still undecided on what size to order. My waist size is exactly 34" now but I am wondering if the 34 will be too slim on my calves. Sauce, do you think they are considerably slimmer than PBJ from the thigh down? How about in the waist, size for size? The PBJ in 36 is just about right in the top block before much stretching.

Sorry, totally forgot about this.

So yeah, the PBJs vs. 5EPs. The PBJs are obviously completely different in the top block. Lower rise both back and front, slightly tighter seat, and, infamously, less room in the crotch before stretching. The thighs on the PBJs start off slimmer than the thighs on the 5EPs, though from about mid-thigh down, I'm not sure there's much difference. The calves are very noticeably skinnier in the 5EPs than they are in the PBJs in a size 30. The waistband itself was tighter in my PBJs after the hot soak than it was in the 5EPs raw, but the difference was fairly minimal.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
It's interesting about the sizing. I really wish i could get near thedenimbar so i could try on a pair on 31,32 and 33 just to play around with the fit. Fok/mauro/godmother- Are you going to be doing another run of these? I'm sure these won't last very long and while i'm interested, i really don't need another pair of jeans at the moment (compared to my other needs). However, i know that i'm probably going to be in boston/ny for a week in december and was wondering if there'd be another batch of the jeans by then and if there would be any differences between lot 1 and lot 2. I'm going to be jonsing for denim then and i know i'm going to walk away from boston/ny with a pair of jeans, hopefully these. Will there be a store in boston/NY where i can get a pair of these (at the forum discounted $210 price)?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It's interesting about the sizing. I really wish i could get near thedenimbar so i could try on a pair on 31,32 and 33 just to play around with the fit.

Fok/mauro/godmother- Are you going to be doing another run of these? I'm sure these won't last very long and while i'm interested, i really don't need another pair of jeans at the moment (compared to my other needs). However, i know that i'm probably going to be in boston/ny for a week in december and was wondering if there'd be another batch of the jeans by then and if there would be any differences between lot 1 and lot 2. I'm going to be jonsing for denim then and i know i'm going to walk away from boston/ny with a pair of jeans, hopefully these. Will there be a store in boston/NY where i can get a pair of these (at the forum discounted $210 price)?

Whether or not there will be a Lot 002 of these remains to be seen. In any case, however, there will not be a new lot of these for the holiday season.

The jeans will be available at Oak in NYC. There are no stockists in Boston. And the only places to get the discounted price are Denim Bar and Styleforum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics