• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Admiral Kelvinator
Have you guys been giving your jeans an initial hot/cold soak before starting to break them in?

No. They're sanforized and are not expected to shrink appreciably. Therefore they can be worn in the condition you purchase them in.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
No. They're sanforized and are not expected to shrink appreciably. Therefore they can be worn in the condition you purchase them in.
A few of the town yokels (read: Saucemaster) soaked their jeans to get as much of the possible shrinking out of the way so that it wouldn't come back to haunt them after the first wash with respect to creases and fades being moved about. Come to think of it, I think our fearless head yokel did it, too.... Edit: For y'all who don't know, yokel=choad.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I soaked them, true. It didn't change the size much if any and they didn't get any less stiff that I could tell.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Very little change in size, but mine definitely softened up, which is why I did it.

doink

Reaction score
This may sound like heresy around these parts, but I have washed mine at least 6-8 times since I got them. Wash in cold water with dr. bonners, inside out and hang to dry, then worn while a bit damp to get a bit of stretch.

The fading is not too different from what others are showing. The pattern of fade is similar to my 1947 canes, except in the rear as I don't plan on riding my bike while wearing them. I have quite a bit of fading on one of the cuffs due to stacking folds.

As noted they are much softer now as well.

If the weather cooperates I'll try to get a few pictures in the next few days.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good guys. It gives me something to look forward to. I don't have much to show for right now, I'm doing a day-to-day rotation between these and my Sufu660. My own little personal contest I guess.

Empire

Reaction score
So how much stretching have people experienced with these in the waist ? I'd say mine have stretched just slightly over an inch.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another pic of mine worn. I haven't worn them that much, honestly--been focusing on my Union Stars.

50185072rz4.jpg

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
because I got a flood of early paypals for the 5EPxSF jean I will be accepting paypals today and tomorrow.
The jean arrives here tomorrow around 4pm and I will will start shipping them out.
I have one 36 left and a few to 5 of the other sizes.
NOT TO MENTION the 13 pair of 30's!
WTF!?! is up witht he people who wear 30's???

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
happen to be wearing mine today so here's a pic

worn w/diesel striped crew sweater and PSxTriumph boots

2808picwj7.jpg

aaronxxx

Reaction score
i'll probably end up purchasing a pair of these before the end of the day... digging the slightly tapered leg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
These jeans really are awesome. Besides the fit being something that's as near perfect as can get for me, when I have these lying on my table next to my other jeans, the 5EPs just pop out due to its unique indigo coloring. The ONLY thing I'd change is to have some contrast stitching around the fly, there's something odd about the fly area being so uniformly blue without any thread visible

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Empire
So how much stretching have people experienced with these in the waist ? I'd say mine have stretched just slightly over an inch.
Easily. I had to put these on near my natural waist the first few times. Now, even though I regularly wear a belt, I can get them pretty damn low on my hips.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
The ONLY thing I'd change is to have some contrast stitching around the fly, there's something odd about the fly area being so uniformly blue without any thread visible
Anything to make your crotch seem that much bigger, eh?

My theory on the thread is that it will look pretty damn cool once contrasted against some serious wear. I've said this before but when I first got the jeans it took me about a week to even realize there was a 5ep design on the back pockets. Now because of the wallet wear, the arrows have peaked out and look pretty cool.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
because I got a flood of early paypals for the 5EPxSF jean I will be accepting paypals today and tomorrow.
The jean arrives here tomorrow around 4pm and I will will start shipping them out.
I have one 36 left and a few to 5 of the other sizes.
NOT TO MENTION the 13 pair of 30's!
WTF!?! is up witht he people who wear 30's???

What the heck? I didn't know we could do an early Paypal. What's your address? How can I confirm with you before hand what sizes you have?

Thanks.

afaludi

Reaction score
I want to get a pair, but want to try them first, i got a weird body type and would hate to buy a pair if they dont fit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads