Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

5EP x SF jean post pics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Â I normally wear a 30 waist and 30 length in washed jeans (Nudies, 575), and while these jeans fit well, I couldn't imagine them any tighter. I suppose I have slightly larger haunches for a person my size, although my calves are pretty skinny. You think I should size up for the 5eps?

Â (Incidentally, I had to return a pair of washed Acne's in a 30 waist recently because I couldn't even pull them up to my hip, never mind button them.)

Okay. I wear a 30 in Nudies, and I could go down to a 29, but they'd be tight. I wear a 31 in the 5EPxSF. No way you are going to be able to wear a 30 in the 5EPxSF. I would size up to 31 if I were you, even a 32, if Nudies in a size 30 are actually tight on you, rather than just fitted/normal. Seriously. No one ever listens to me when I tell them that the 5EPxSF is quite unforgiving at the smaller sizes.

2. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Yeah, I need to get a size up. They are on sale in the Market section if anyone is intrested. Size is 30x34
    Probably the right decision. You'll be much happier without having to struggle.

3. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Okay. I wear a 30 in Nudies, and I could go down to a 29, but they'd be tight. I wear a 31 in the 5EPxSF. No way you are going to be able to wear a 30 in the 5EPxSF. I would size up to 31 if I were you, even a 32, if Nudies in a size 30 are actually tight on you, rather than just fitted/normal. Seriously. No one ever listens to me when I tell them that the 5EPxSF is quite unforgiving at the smaller sizes.
    Â That's what I figure (just to be clear, I was talking about washed Nudies, though, not raw Nudies.) Â I think something overly skinny below the kneww would be unflattering on my skinny calves, anyway. Plus, my 101zs aready fill the niche of "slim jean" for me. Â Oh, and thanks!

4. modual

modual Senior member

I dunno, for me they seem to be slightly too loose in the top block and also too loose mid thigh. They are tight at the knee though which maybe giving the illusion of being to loose through the thigh. I think the taper from thigh to knee is too much. I dont think they flatter my slightly pear shaped body !! Anyone else experience this ?

5. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

I figured I'd better get in on these while I could, and they just got here today...my 2nd pair of good raw denim since I began lurking here a few weeks ago. I love them! The fit is awesome, although the denim is so stiff I am walking around funny. I tried explaining to my wife and her sister about raw japanese selvage denim and I was promptly declared a nutter. I gave up. [​IMG]

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

I figured I'd better get in on these while I could, and they just got here today...my 2nd pair of good raw denim since I began lurking here a few weeks ago. I love them! The fit is awesome, although the denim is so stiff I am walking around funny. I tried explaining to my wife and her sister about raw japanese selvage denim and I was promptly declared a nutter. I gave up. [​IMG]
    I've been asked a handful of times what jeans I'm wearing with the 5EPxSF on. Once on a date even with a girl who clearly didn't know I'm a clothes horse yet.-- Her 'So what kind of jeans are those, I like how they look?' Me'Thanks, they're uh. They're Five Easy Pieces?' Her 'What's that?' Me 'Well, they're raw.. uhh... never been washed, so the dye is still in them. So as I wear them the dye comes off naturally instead of buying prefaded jeans, I figure if you have to wear jeans it could be funner right?.*wipes brow*' Her 'Oh! That sounds really cool.' *glances around nervously* Me *internal monologue*'Shit.' Yeah, I explained raw denim on a first date. Brilliant.

7. dst

dst Well-Known Member

Here's mine. They are a size 33x36. The is the first jean I've had with a longer inseam so I'm debating whether to let them stack or to cuff :p Also the first jean I've had that is this damn tight in the thighs, but I think I like them.

[​IMG]

I really like this fit... can I ask how tall you are?

Also, forgive my ignorance, is there only 1 5EP style?

8. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

Here's mine. They are a size 33x36. The is the first jean I've had with a longer inseam so I'm debating whether to let them stack or to cuff :p Also the first jean I've had that is this damn tight in the thighs, but I think I like them.

[​IMG]

Keep the stack. They look great.

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    no they have multiple styles.

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Thanks. Yeah, I decided to keep the stack :p

I'm about 6' even.

11. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I've been asked a handful of times what jeans I'm wearing with the 5EPxSF on. Once on a date even with a girl who clearly didn't know I'm a clothes horse yet.--

Her 'So what kind of jeans are those, I like how they look?'
    Me'Thanks, they're uh. They're Five Easy Pieces?'
    Her 'What's that?'
    Me 'Well, they're raw.. uhh... never been washed, so the dye is still in them. So as I wear them the dye comes off naturally instead of buying prefaded jeans, I figure if you have to wear jeans it could be funner right?.*wipes brow*'
    Her 'Oh! That sounds really cool.' *glances around nervously*
    Me *internal monologue*'Shit.'

Yeah, I explained raw denim on a first date. Brilliant.

All you had to do was say that they were dark, and that general idea was to make denim jeans like the old school levi's. no reason to get into excessive detail.

12. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

You should; if my pair looked like that on me, I wouldn't change a single thing. [​IMG]

FWIW, if anyone is looking for a pair in a 36w, mine is going to hit the Buying & Selling forum as soon as I take the pictues. I flat-out love the denim in these (absolutely beautiful), but just too slim a cut for my frame.

13. dst

dst Well-Known Member

no they have multiple styles.

Cool... thanks

I'm about 6' even.

Yeah I think they look great.

One last question, what 5EP style? ;p I am after something very similar!

Thanks [​IMG]

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

15. Serg

Serg Senior member

I think I just posted this in WAYWN and not here yet

[​IMG]

32x36's

VVVVVVVVV Yeah, my Dior's are my favoritest pair of jeans ever, so getting these I wanted to stack it VVVVVVVVV

jacket = zara? looks like one i got.