5EP x SF jean post pics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

Woah... I didn't think that these would shrink that much since they're Sanforized. I guess that I'm going to need to give mine a soak or I'm going to start to have combs and wear in odd places.

with such little shrinkage it wont be an issue. an inch lost in the inseasm is relatively low for raw denim. i wouldnt worry.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I stretched mine when wet after a soak and they barely shrank at all in the length, as far as I can tell.

3. Asch

Asch Senior member

I wish the fit of the top block was better matched to the fit below the knee. As it is, there's a hint of Frankenjean to the cut, with a mid rise and relaxed fit at the hips and the very narrow cut from the knee down.
    Yes, I agree. The jeans would definitely be looking better on me if they had been tight in the top block at first. I'm happy with them, but I don't really understand whose body type these would suit ideally (big waist + tiny legs?).

4. chris lewis

chris lewis Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these jeans. It will be my first pair of real quality denim. Is the discounted price still available? I was on the denimbar site and they list them at $260.

I'm 5'11 and about 150 with skinny legs. Debating between 30 and 31. Don't want them too tight but not baggy either, and I tend to sag all my jeans. Any thoughts?

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Yes, I agree. The jeans would definitely be looking better on me if they had been tight in the top block at first. I'm happy with them, but I don't really understand whose body type these would suit ideally (big waist + tiny legs?).

Perhaps I have a big waist and tiny legs and I never knew it! [​IMG]

These jeans are the single best fitting jeans I've owned, and I'm not just saying that because I have to. The pic might be an accurate description : ]

To the person who asked earlier, I'm wearing 30s actually, though I normally wear 29s. The 30s and below are pretty damn small. The waist on my Low Down 5EPs (size 29) is probably a good inch and a half larger than the waist on my size 30 SFx5EPs.

Cult: the major difference between these and the Cali's is that the Cali's have a really dropped yolk with an anti-fit seat. SFx5EP do not, and that should be your determining factor. The denim, hardware and quality on the SFx5EPs so so far out of JR's league it's like it's not even the same type of material.

NOTE: There's no financial gain for me in this so my recommendations are personal opinion, not trying to make a sale.

6. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

I can also attest to the fact that these jeans are the best fitting I've ever owned.

7. amlai

amlai Senior member

To the person who asked earlier, I'm wearing 30s actually, though I normally wear 29s. The 30s and below are pretty damn small. The waist on my Low Down 5EPs (size 29) is probably a good inch and a half larger than the waist on my size 30 SFx5EPs.

I'm normally a 29 and I think I would've benefited from going up to a 30. The 29 has stretched out okay, but the leg below the knee I still feel like is extremely skinny compared to how the sizes above fit.

8. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think I have pretty normal body proportions and the top block was way tighter than the legs at first. It's since stretched out to be exactly right. I think these jeans are perfect.

9. doink

doink Senior member

For me the top block is perfect, but the legs are a bit tight, especially around the knees.

I just washed mine for the first time(cold water, Dr. Bronners, hang dry), they had stretched out nicely during wear, shrank back to the original size and after a few wears have stretched back to comfy. There is distinct wear around my ankles from stacking, to the point of the indigo being completely gone in a few spots.

10. amlai

amlai Senior member

Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think I have pretty normal body proportions and the top block was way tighter than the legs at first. It's since stretched out to be exactly right. I think these jeans are perfect.

What size do you have? I think this assessment is very size dependent. In the smaller sizes I think the sentiment is that below the knee is too tight.

11. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

Me neither. the thing I love about them is their uniform fit from the hips down to the calves.

I think this assessment is very size dependent.

And ass-dependant. I think the people with the problems must be relatively assless. [​IMG]

12. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

And ass-dependant. I think the people with the problems must be relatively assless. [​IMG]
    I can attest to that.

13. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I have every size except 36's.
    The discount still applies just type in your discount code when checking out
    so the 260.00 becomes 210.00

14. Asch

Asch Senior member

I should add that despite my small complaint above about the cut, these jeans have garnered more compliments and looks from ladies than any other piece of clothing I own. I realize that most people here don't care what women think of their style, but I still find it interesting how many women say that they don't care for slim/skinny jeans on guys, but when said jeans are pulled off well on an appropriate body type, this seems emphatically not to be the case.

15. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle Senior member

I just got my 5EP-SF Jeans today, and much to my dismay...I can't button them up. I get them up, and they seat fine, but i cant for the life of me button them up. I dont know wether or not this has been discussed before but is this normal? Should I stretch into them or go about getting one size up?

Here are some pictures for reference.

At Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 005.jpg
    Side View Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 006.jpg
    Ass Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 008.jpg
    Trying to stretch: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 010.jpg
    Come onnnn!: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 011.jpg
    Full View: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 015.jpg

What do you guys think?